Chapter 19 (White Lie)

(LISA POV.)

"So, what does this famous Ms. Manoban want to personally meet a person like me?"

"Mr. Xiu is a very humorous man. Every business and transactions are best to discuss while eating."

"Hahaha. Indeed. Come. I already prepared a room for us. I hope this discussion would be beneficial for both party."

When Lisa and Mr. Dan sat down, Lisa immediately told her about her matter.

"Manoban Corporation will not participate in the upcoming Bidding Convention this June."

Mr. Dan who was currently drinking wine almost spit everything because of shock.

*coughs*

"Ms. Manoban, this is a bit surprising. Mind if I know the reason why?"

Lisa did not reply.

After 15 minutes of full silence, Lisa grabbed her wine glass and drank.

"Let's just say that I am currently pursuing something that is more important than the upcoming Bidding Convention."

Mr. Dan laughed.

"Pursuing something? Or someone?$

Lisa smirked.

"It seems like I really can't hide anything from you. It looks like everyone was correct. You have been eyes. Yes. I am currently pursuing someone at the meantime."

"Isn't pursuing someone unrelated to the upcoming Bidding Convention?"

Mr. Dan was puzzled by Lisa's decision.

"Do I know who's that lucky woman? It seems like she's also in this line of business"

Lisa laughed. "Indeed. She's one of us."

"Hahahah! I really wanted to know who she is. Can you tell this old man? I'm really curious towards that woman who was able to move the heart of a woman like you."

Thinking of Jennie, Lalisa smiled. Her eyes carried an unspeakable tenderness.

"She's unique. She's very different from those women who only knows how to seduce men and use their beauty to climb trees to become Phoenix."

"Mmmm..." Mr. Dan nodded.

"She's very dedicated with her work. I sometimes feel depressed when I was being left alone and lonely."

Mr. Dan was almost choked to death.

'Alone and lonely?! Is this woman really the Eldest Young Master of Manoban Corporation?? Isn't she an emotionless bastard who only knows how to make money? But for a woman, she was willing to concede?'

Hearing the word 'your woman', Lisa laughed as if she liked the words Mr. Dan used.

(A/N: *snickers *Assuming!!)

"You know her. She's Jennie Kim of Kim International."

Again, Mr. Dan almost choked to death.

'What?! That rumored Witch?!'

Mr. Danwanted to cry but lacked tears.

'What a weird combination.'

After a few more discussions, Lisa and Mr. Dan decided to part ways. Lisa and Mr. Dan shook hands.

"I hope you succeed, Ms. Manoban"

"I hope so too, Mr. Dan."

When Lisa was preparing to go, she suddenly saw Jennie Kim walked towards them.

She immediately turned towards Mr. Dan.

Without saying anything, Mr. Dan nodded.

"I owe you one" said before leaving.

She saw Jennie tried to chase her but was stopped by Mr. Dan.

Inside the car, Lisa undressed and grab another shirt.

She immediately gave the long sleeve at Bobby and instructed,

"burn this one, Jennie saw me."

"Yes, Maam."

" she saw me with Mr. Dan, she might be suspicios of me right know. She will hire someone to gather data about me. Immediately conceal everything.
Tell Jisoo to be my substitute in speaking with the investors for now."

Bobby was reluctant.

"Will Second Young Master agree-----"

"She will. Tell her I will give her the small island she wanted from me--FOR FREE."

Bobby went speechless.

'An island in exhange for a substitution?! How extravagant'

"Yes maam, I will immediately tell Second Young Master."

"Mmmm."

-----------

Lisa saw Jennie arrived.

Lisa was sitting on the sofa while looking at Jennie.

"Have you eaten something already?"

Jennie asked as she sat beside Lisa.

"Mmm"

Lisa hugged her. Trying to find comfort from her.

"Did you go out today?"

Jennie asked while hugging her back.

"Me? No. I'm just here since morning. I never went outside. Why?"

'Did she really saw me? Was she able to clearly see my face?'

"Nothing"

Jennie acted like she wanted to say something at her.

Lisa noticed Jennie's abnormal actions.

She suddenly feels nervous.

In order to hide her uneasiness, she grabbed Jennie and let her sit on her lap.

"Is something wrong?"

She held her closer and touched her cheeks.

"Do you have something that you're not telling me?"

Jennie asked while looking at Lisa's eyes.

Lalisa froze.

She wanted to say something..

To admit everything.

But in the end, fear made her unable to say those words.

All she could do was smile and hide her uneasiness and fear.

Then she kissed Jennie's lips. Wanting to lips some strength from her.

"No, I'm not hiding anything from you. Why?"

Lisa swallowed all the words she wanted to say and decided to act innocent.

"N-nothing. Let's go to sleep."

Jennie let her carry her towards their bedroom.

Lisa knows she trusted her.

She trusted her with her life.

And Lisa betrayed her by lying to her

Even it was just a white lie, it won't change the fact that she lied to her.

But she doesn't have any choice.

'Jennie baby, please forgive me. I really never wanted to lie to you...

But I cannot lose you like this, I just can't.'