Chapter 18 (Your Chance)

(JENNIE'S POV.)

"Mr. Dan, I would like to talk to you regarding the upcoming Bidding Convention. If you could just give me a minute of your time, you would definitely not regret it."

"Oh? Then let’s go inside and discuss about it."

Mr. Dan walked back inside the hotel. Jennie reluctantly followed. Her head turned towards where the man went a while ago.

Trying to see if she could still look at her face to clarify whether she was just seeing things or not.

After sitting, Jennue gave the project proposals to Mr. Dan.

He opened the folder and read the contents. Few minutes later, he put the folder on the table and grab his wine glass.

He first sip some wine before speaking.

"Indeed. This proposal is very catchy and innovative. Fusing Architectural Designs with Nature and Environment."

"I am glad you like it, Mr. Dan. But I would like to ask if the Manoban Corporation already submitted their designs for the upcoming convention?"

Mr. Dan eyebrows rose.

"Seems like Miss Kim is very curious about their competitors especially the Manoban Corporation."

"Indeed. I admit that I am a little curious about our 'enemy'.

It’s been a while since Kim International entered this market. From the time it was managed by my grandfather until I personally succeeded his throne, Kim International has always been on top of the food chain without any worthy competitors."

"Mmm.. You are correct. Also, Manoban Corporation’s representative already talked to me."

'Monaban Corporation’s representative? That woman a while ago?'

"Although the Manoban Corporation is currently venturing in this line of business, it seems that they won’t be participating in the upcoming Bidding Convention."

Jennie froze.

"May I know the reason why Manoban Corporation decided to retreat without a fight? It seems like Mr. Dan already knows the reason why."

Mr. Dan laughed heartily.

"Hahahah!! Indeed, I know the reason why. It was because that woman decided to put her investment towards other things. She’d rather invest on her future than the company."

'That woman? The Eldest Young Master?'

Jennie’s left eyebrow rose.

'What other future could any of us in this line of business have other than securing the stability of our company?'

Jennie’s eyes flickered. She found this Eldest Young Master of Manoban Corporation impossible to read.

Recalling the woman she saw a while ago, Jennie could not help but suspect that she was Lisa . But…

'Was she really Lisa?'

------------

After her met up with Mr. Dan, Jennie immediately called Esther.

"I want you to gather all the data you can find about this Eldest Young Master of Manoban Corporation. You have to do it ASAP."

"Yes Madam." Jennie answered.

'I hope I am wrong.' Jennie suddenly feels nervous.

'What if my suspicions were correct? What should I do?'

Jennie was feeling conflicted. Thinking about what happened at the hotel, her heart immediately froze. If that woman was really Lisa, she would not know what to do… what to feel…

Since young, she already closed her heart, not letting other people enter her private space nor showing her true self.

But it was very different towards Lisa. She opened her door, allowing the woman to enter her own world and letting her see her naive and vulnerable other self.

She never trusted anyone aside from her grandfather.

But now, she trusted that woman who came into her life in just a blink on an eye,

without knowing everything,

without even asking questions.

She just trusted her unconditionally.

But what if the woman she trusted with all her heart suddenly betray her?

Could she accept the fact that she lied to her?

Jennie suddenly wanted to fly towards where Lisa was and ask her questions.

'but if she is truly Lalisa?, why did she say she was a NEET to begin with?

Why did she lie and say she doesn’t have any food to eat nor a place to stay?

Why didn’t she tell me everything and decided to conceal his identity?'

Jennie feels like she was in a popular TV drama. Her life suddenly became full of twists and turns.

'No. I have to know everything. I must ask Lisa and avoid jumping into conclusions.'

'If she really is what I think she is, I wanted to know her reason. I wanted to give her a chance and explain everything to me.'

Jennie immediately drove towards their house.