Even if it is true, I can't imagine the story. I could remember telling me that her parents had divorced when we were discussing her granny's eatery.

There must be something behind this and I am ready to find out.

A part of me wants to ask her about her dad but that's a cheat. I should ask her after she has recovered from being intoxicated.

"I have been waiting and yearning for that day but it's almost over like he always says," She adds with her head tilted back on the seat, and out of nowhere, a smile of optimism beams on her face.

"Whatever it is, it's almost over," I also let out positively with a smile.

We got home some minutes after and I drive into the car park after one of the security men open the gate.

I check the time on my phone, it's 11:25 p.m. Karen has been silent, and now her eyes are exhausted but I am amazed she opens the door herself and hops out of the car.

She starts strolling down in the quarter's direction, tripping on her heels.

"Hey, wait," I say as I catch up with her. She can't wake Maria up, it's midnight already. "Let me help you," I add and I hold her.

Stepping into my room, she releases my arms off her and veers to lay across my bed. I scoff a little as I move close.

I squat to take off her heels.

Then I suddenly feel her fingers running through my head. I look up to see her already leaning on her elbows, smiling at me.

She bites her lips and I roll my eyes.

Do not dare me, girl!

"Come on! You should change," I suggest as I get up and veers to my closet to pick up one of my large t-shirts, and by the time I look back, Karen has laid on the bed in her strapless black bra and shorts.

My brows raised in shock and I look around to see her dress on the floor. I pick it up and hang it on my reading chair.

She is already snoring as I am close to her. I smile, watching her in her sleep.

She is so cute. I admit.

I gently cover her with my blanket and fold my t-shirt before placing it right beside her.

I start taking off my clothes to take a shower. Her smile after I kissed her dimple played in my head under the water spray.

Why do I keep thinking about this? I have no idea.

I come out of the shower and put on my bathrobe. Walking into the room, I reach for a pillow, a spare duvet, and my phone, before veering to the comfy couch.

"Sweet dreams Karen," I mouth.

I lay on the couch and Tracy's call comes in.

It's a video call and I do not hesitate to pick it up.

"Hey," She greets, her background showing she is still at the bar. "How is she?"

"She is fine, here with me" I reply.

"She is there with you?" She raised her eyebrows in confusion as some folks are passing her by.

"Of course, I couldn't afford to disrupt Maria," I clarify, changing to the rear camera for her to see Karen already asleep on my bed.

She nods okay, reasoning what I said while I change back to the front camera.

"You are not going to sleep beside her?"

Why would she compare Karen to girls like her? I could remember those times when drunk and after waking up next to my date the next morning, we would be curious if we had sex and also most importantly use protection.

I was addicted to always taking condoms with me even though I don't have sex most time. We would just have some fun and slept off but I always make sure I'm on the safe side.

Abstinence is the key though.

"Karen is not any other girl," I say. "If it's you, you would have been sleeping on the floor while I fully occupy my bed," I add, teasingly and she scoffs a little.

"You dey ment," She replies in pidgin which means I am mentally ill.

"But I'm sorry for not listening to you," She adds.

"What would have happened if she continued spitting those words out and bloggers use that as headlines first thing tomorrow,"

"The most important thing is that you were there for her,"

"And that is the reason I won't kick your ass," I say and she chuckles, shaking her head in disbelief.

"See the way you are talking to me,"

"You are my cruise ex," I retort and she burst out laughing. Tracy is two years older than me but we roll like mates.

"Maybe it's because you have found a new flame," She responds and I scoff.

Now I'm lying on my left side with my head leaning on my pillow.

"Who?" I ask in confusion.

"Karen of course, it seems you like her," She expresses.

"What!" I exclaim and I burst out laughing. I stare at Karen and see she is not awake by my laugh.

"If it's about the money..." I am saying in the middle of gulp and she cut in.

"It's not about the money Mike," She replies and I stop laughing. "You will always afford to give me 200 dollars."

Then what is she talking about?

"I can see it in your eyes tonight when dancing with her,"

"Are you a magician? I danced like that with all my dates,"

"You have no idea how long I have been spying on you before we finally got to talk that night,"

"Tell me more,"

"Back then I saw playboy but tonight I saw a companion,"

"Tracy..." I am saying and she cuts in.

"Okay, have you seen any girl since you get along with her?"

"Nope," I answer, frowning and she smiles broadly.

"You see?"

"You are getting it wrong," I argue.

"Prove it to me then,"

"Hanging out with other girls won't make someone like her fall for me. It will just be like a red flag to her," I explain.

"But you can secretly do that,"

"Well, I have to rest," I say as I can't continue with the conversation. She is even taking it to another perspective. "I will see you tomorrow with the chief," I add and she scoffs.

"Good night," She replies and hangs up. I let out a deep sigh, dropping my phone.

She made me come back to my senses and now told me that I'm in love. No, that can't be.

I close my eyes, trying hard not to think about it and suddenly I remember I haven't turned off the light bulb for the lamp to do its job.