38

Author Pov.

Next morning Jennie woke early so she cooked breakfast and now both of them were done eating their breakfast. Jennie started taking the plates but paused when they heard the door bell ring. They both looked at the door then at each other.

" I'll go and check it. " He said earning a nod from her. He went to the door looking on the device beside it. It showed a couple standing there on the device beside the door. He widened his eyes as he turned around signaling her to hide. Jennie quickly ran to the kitchen, which was the nearest and hid.

She heard the door bell ring once again. Taehyung opened the door revealing Jennie's uncle and aunty. Jennie peeked outside as her eyes widened at the look of her uncle and aunt.

" Why are they here? How did they know that I live here? " Jennie muttered.

" Hi Taehyung-ah " Jennie's eyes widen when she saw her aunt speaking those words. Taehyung hesitantly smiled back and bowed them.

" Hi u-uncle and aunty. I-It's been a long time." Taehyung said panicked, knowing really well that Jennie is listening to everything.

" We know. " She said looking down. Taehyung looked at her as his eyes softened when tears started forming in her eyes. " Are you mad at us Taehyung-ah " She said as guilt was evident in her voice ultimately making Taehyung embrace her in a hug which she returned happily.

" No aunty, why would I? In fact I miss you a lot. " He said releasing her from the hug.

" I'm glad to hear that. " She said, looking towards her husband.

" Uncle, won't you say anything? " Taehyung said at the man standing, with his head hung low. He snapped his head up when he heard Taehyung, talking to him.

" Now if you think that I am mad at you also then I am leaving my own house. " He said jokingly, making the couple to slightly let out a laugh.

Jennie was there hidden, clueless as to why he was hugging them and why her legal guardians are talking so nicely to him like... they know him. Wait a minute do they? Taehyung guided them to the living room as they sat having a nice talk. But then suddenly Mr. Kim (Jennie's uncle) spoke, changing the mood.

" We're sorry Taehyung-ah! " There was a minute of silence between them. " We really are so sorry to you. We were not there at your worst times. " He continued.

" Yes Taehyung, we truly, whole heartedly apologize to you today. We didn't had any choice, honey. We were bounded by the power of some rich people. " Jennie's ears perked up at her aunt's words. She knew well who she meant by ' rich people'.

Taehyung just stayed silent not having any idea what should he say back and how are his words going to affect them and Jennie. They ultimately talked to him about his past leaving him with no other choice and telling them about it. He was not aware of the fact that Jennie was still eavesdropping on them for a moment and she heard it all... yeah she did.

She was stiff at her place, knowing about his hardships caused by her. Of course she still blamed herself for her nanny's death. But now she got two new things added to her list to hate herself even more...

' Killed the person who loved me like his own daughter...my chef uncle. '

' Broke a happy family by being selfish... I am selfish. '

.
.
.
.
Jennie was in her bedroom, laying down on her bed staring at the ceiling above as her mind was blank, unlike before. Her uncle and aunt had left, and Jennie went silently to her bedroom. Taehyung looked at her hoping that she would ask him a bundle of questions but it didn't went like as he expected. Jennie sat down quickly when heard a knock on her door which was widely open revealing Kim Taehyung standing there with his arms crossed.

" Mr. Kim? " She weakly said, standing up and walking towards him as she continued, " How can I help you? " There was a moment of silence between them which Taehyung broke and replied to her.

" I don't know why I think that I should be the one to ask you that. " He said as he watched how miserable she was at that moment, making her frown her brows. " How can I help you? "He continued.

" I am sorry Mr. Kim but I don't know what you are talking about. " She said turning around, trying to end the topic and walk away but was immediately taken back when she felt his big hand wrapping around her wrist in order to stop her.

" You know it very well what I am talking about. " He said as a sigh emitted from her lips making her turn around to face him.

" Since when do you know them? "

" Childhood. They were the one to bring the money for eomma's oppression which actually appa was supposed to bring. They were the one to inform us about appa's accident. As you know they don't have their own children so they are connected to others' a lot. Just like you and Yeonjun, it was us before....me and noona, their favorite. " He said letting go of her hand.

" Oh...it's good then...thank you for letting me know. " She said looking down biting her lower lip then looking up at him. He nodded expecting her to ask more questions but didn't get any.

" That's it? " He asked as she thought for a moment about it. She actually didn't had any questions to ask but just three simple words to say.

" I am sorry. " She said as a tear dropped on her cheek which she quickly wiped off. " I'm the reason for everybody's problem. Nobody can live happily having a person like me around them. Your eomma and appa died because of me and when everything was going well I became the reason of my own eomma - appa's death too. Uncle and aunty were living their life wonderfully before, but then I came in their life messing it all for them." She said as her voice started cracking making her tears finally let out of her eyes.

"I-Instead of helping them out with their problems I am here being their greatest burden. I was never able to be even a good sister to Yeonjun. I lost all my friends and those who are still with me are also upset because I can't make time for them. Am I any kind of bad omen to this world? " She said, looking straight into his eyes but then looking down with tears continue to flow down her cheeks. She was helpless, she couldn't hold on and be strong at the very moment so she just let everything out and cried as much she wanted.

" I'm sorry. " She muttered out between her cries when soon she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her shoulders giving her a warm hug, rubbing her back with his one hand trying to calm her down. She also wrapped her arms around his torso as she cried hugging the figure tightly making him hug her tightly too letting her feel okay.