Her

His POV-
Today was picture day. A girl was standing next to me, giggling and laughing, yet I paid no attention to her. All I could think about was her. I searched the hallways as the late bell rang. And then I saw...
Her.
She wore a skirt today. A white skirt with red cherries and red lace at the bottom and in the slit. Her bright red converse stood out. Now that she wasn't wearing platform converse I could see how much shorter she is then me.

The girl beside me tapped my shoulder, trying to get my attention even though she never had it. I shrugged her off.

I saw her at lunch. Usually she sat with her big group of friends but today she was just sitting with one friend. She beamed when her friend burst out laughing at her joke. God she's adorable. My friend was chatting up some girl beside me who kept laughing out loud. How annoying.

But then I saw her laughing out loud and I took it back immediately. She's so pretty.

I had to wait all the way until 7th period to see her again. She walked in late with her friends, her cheeks a rosy color. She glanced at me as she went to sit down, a small smile still on her face.

I loved when her friends made her laugh. Then I got to see her laugh. I can see the curve of her back, the way she ducks her head and covers her smile.

I unfocus on her and begin to chat with everyone around me. Cracking jokes so my peers can laugh. But then I saw her turn.

She turned her upper body and looked at me. She giggled at the dumb things I was saying. I could see her eyes light up as they met mine. I squeezed my pencil to stop myself from staring too long.

But she looked away.
Those few short seconds of bliss were lived and she was back to talking among her friends.

I wished I was her friend.