Chapter Forty-Two

The Kingdom of Poland tweleve years ago...

In a village square, a peddler's wagon was set up and in front of a small crowd. The three alps were attempting to sell a product to said crowd.

"Come one, come all!" Bltizo called in his salesperson voice. "Yes come and buy Professor's Blitzo's Miracle Elixir, a brand new tonic capable of miracles that you couldn't even imagine. It cures the illnesses the plague mankind, reduces weight, clears skin of achne and warts, even restores hair."

"What's in it?" One member of the crowd asked.

"Trade secret I'm afraid but I can assure you that it carries no toxic or harmful ingredients. It's even organic."

"How do we know for sure it works?" Another member asked.

"Allow me to introduce you all to my lovely assitant Millie."

Millie stepped out of the wagon and at once all the male customers were oogling and whistling at her.

"Hey! Hubba hubba!"

"Whoo-whoo!"

"Pretty sweet looking for something not human!"

"Hey watch it you pervs!" Moxxie warned. "She's a married woman!"

"Quiet Moxxie!" Blitzo said shoving him down. "You see folks, my assistant uses this tonic everyday and see how attractive she looks. Now who will buy? Who wants perfect health and perfect looks. You sir, grow back hair and surprise your wife. Or you ma'am, grow a beard and surprise your husband!"

"Eh you're a pack of liars!" One man spoke up. "I bought a bottle of that posion last year and look what it did to me!"

He took off his hat, revealing a bald head.

"That's nothing!" Another man said. "When I used it, it gave him a hideous skin rash!"

"I smelled like fish oil!"

"They are fakers!"

"Get em!"

"Let's tar and feather them!"

"Let's time them to horse tails and drag them through town!"

At once, they packed up their things and made a run for it. The angry mob didn't let up until they had chased them all the way into the forest.

"I told you there was no such thing as a naturally stupid race of people." Moxxie told Blitzo as they were walking back that day.

"Alright so I screwed up." Blitzo said. "It's not like this hasn't happened before. But I don't get how there were so many people there that were familiar with my work."

"Hmm...I don't know. Could it be the fact that Poland and Germany are right next to each other?" Moxxie said sarcastically.

"Whatever. Let's just camp out here for tonight and we'll go home in the morning."

"What are we going to eat? We don't have any money."

"We'll scavenge."

"As usual."

They set up camp by a river and spent the next hour trying to catch fish for supper. It was when they finally caught one they heard a loud blast in the distance followed by some form of red mist.

"What in the world was that?" Millie asked.

"I don't know." Moxxie said.

"Sounds like trouble." Blitzo said. "We better go camp somewhere else."

But then they heard another nosie. One that sounded like a child screaming.

"Wait! Did you hear that?" Millie asked. "That was a child."