Chapter Sixty-Two

Turns out Blitzo didn't know good music as well as he said. The townsfolk hated the song that the alps played that evening. Now it wasn't that Blitzo couldn't sing, he could sing just as good as Moxxie could but he didn't sing songs that were actually good. They were usually songs that were incredibly annoying and too loud or too fast or too high. Songs that he had been forced to sing in the circus, unaware that making him sing bad songs was part of the joke.

"Let us entertain you,
Let us make you smile.

Let us give you a few tricks,
Some old and then some new tricks.
We're very versatile."

Blitzo sang while playing the accordion.

"Boo! Boo! Boo!" The crowd hissed.

"Get outta here!" One man demanded.

"Hit the road!" Another man added.

"Talentless hacks!" A third one insulted.

But Blitzo still kept trying to earn at least one coin.

"And if you're real good,
We'll make you feel good
We want your spirits high,
We'll have a real good time."

"Stop! Enough!" The crowd continued.

"You sound like you're having a seizure!"

"And you look like a cockroach trying to have a wank!"

"Hey!" Blitzo shouted, angrily searching the crowd. "I demand to know who said that! Come up here and say that to my face! You cheap and uncultured swine!"

Suddenly the crowd started throwing tomatoes, rocks, and even their own shoes at him. Anything to get them to stop playing.

"I told you they'd hate this song!" Moxxie said.

"Oh shut up!" Blitzo snapped.

Alastor who was watching from the side, couldn't resist laughing.

"Oh this is more amusing than I thought it would be." He laughed. "Ah the glorious entertainment of watching one so arrogant tumble into the firey pits of failure!"

"That's kind of mean." Charlotte said. "And he's not that bad. He's actually a pretty good singer."

"I agree but that song is absolutely horrid. I'm almost tempted to cut off both my ears."

"Maybe you should do something?"

"Why? This is my favorite show."

Charlotte gave him a disapproving look.

"Oh come on, you have to admit this is funny."

Her look intensified.

"You know if it were me out there, he wouldn't lift a finger to help."

This time she looked him directly in the eyes.

"Alright, alright, I'll save his hide." Alastor gave in. "But you're gonna have to help me."

"Sure. Of course. What do you need me to do?"

He went inside the wagon and came back out with some new sheet music and a cane.

"You can sing." He told her.

"Sing?!" Charlotte squeaked. "In front of an entire crowd?"

"It's either that or they'll rip Blitzo apart."

"But I've never done that before and I don't know if I'm good enough."

"That's wacky nonsense! I've heard you sing. You're amazing."