Chapter Fifteen

Moxxie and Blitzo were just as upset as Millie was when they returned to the house and discovered that Alastor had ran off instead of being abducted.

"Damn it!" Blitzo raged to Moxxie and Millie. "I told you two that the little runt wasn't kidnapped! I told you that he would come back alright! But no, you insisted that he must've been taken so you forced me out in that storm where I spent the entire night freezing my ass off!"

He turned to Alastor next.

"And you! You little brat! You know not to leave the house when we're gone! Why the hell did you do that?"

"I felt the urge to go hunting." Alastor responded.

"So? Sometimes I feel the urge to piss on the first thing I see but I don't do it!"

"Probably because you wouldn't want anyone to know how small that particular organ is." Alastor said smugly.

"Alastor!" Millie scolded.

"Alright that's it! You rotten little urchin!" Blitzo's hand moved to his pants. "Bend over! I'm going to take a belt right to your backside!"

"Blitzo I forbid you to treat him that way!" Millie said shielding the boy protectively. "And you young man, why would you use such crude language? You're normally so polite."

"Well I always figured that the crude only understood crude language." Alastor said.

"Oh I'll show you crude!" Blitzo snarled.

"Sir please calm down." Moxxie said. "Remember that he's a child."

"Yeah a devil child!"

"Just take a deep breath. Keep in mind that he doesn't really mean any harm. And speaking of harm." Moxxie picked up the boy and proceeded to examine nearly every part of his body.

"Moxxie is this really necessary?" Alastor asked. "You know how I feel about being touched."

"Hey you were in a snow storm last night so anything could have happened. Now how do you feel? Do you feel sick? Feverish? Is your throat sore?

"No."

"Did you break anything? Do you feel blood rushing to your head?"

"No."

"Do you feel woozy?"

"No."

"How many fingers do you see me holding up?"

"Moxxie I'm fine."

"Answer the question!"

"Four."

"No! Something's wrong with you! See I have five-" But when he counted his fingers he realized that he was mistaken. "Four fingers? That's all I have?"

"Alps are four fingered dear." Millie said.

"Oh then you're okay. But what did you do for shelter last night?"

"I found a cottage and the woman who occupied it allowed me to stay the night."

"Really?" Millie said surprised. "You mean she wasn't afraid of you?"

"She was startled by my appearance at first but she quickly looked past it and pretty much saved my life."

"Thank goodness."

"Hmm...Didn't think that there were humans that compassionate." Blitzo huffed. "Normally the judge everything and everyone solely on looks."

"Not her and not her granddaughter that's for sure." Alastor almost sighed.