Chapter 47: Transaction Talks With the Navy

Grand Line, Naval Headquarters, Supreme Meeting Room.

"Sengoku, what is your purpose in gathering us at this time?" Garp asked directly while eating his donuts.

"Arara~ Sengoku-san, did something happen? Is it related to the Yonkou?" Aokiji asked with great interest.

Currently all the Marines have been gathered by Sengoku. These officials are people who hold the positions of Fleet Admiral, Admiral, and Vice Admiral.

"This meeting has nothing to do with the Yonkou" Tsuru said calmly, "The purpose of gathering you here is to talk about the ship we just ordered to the Gally-La Company"

"Ha? The two of you gathered us just because you wanted to have a conversation about something like that? You two are like old people with no other job." Garp said fearlessly.

"Shut up Garp!" Sengoku immediately shouted angrily and continued, "Even so. However, this conversation is also quite serious. I just got a report from Gion regarding the ship we ordered earlier to the Gally-La Company. Currently, 17 of our vessels have been completed and all of these units are of a better quality compared to the vessels we currently have."

"Better quality?" Akainu asked while raising his brow.

"A ship built using wood materials that came from the Fortis Kingdom. The quality of the wood they produce is almost comparable to that of the adam wood. This also improves the quality of the ships built by the Gally-La Company."

"Hehehe.... Sengoku, then, can't I get one ship?" Garp asked with a grin.

"Doesn't Garp-san already have the ship currently in use?" asked Vice Admiral Chaton with a smile.

"Even though I have one ship. However, what's wrong with having another ship? After all, the ship made is also of good quality. I hope the ship can survive the time it is used by me."

"We will not discuss the issue of ship unit division" Tsuru said seriously, "The ship unit division can be done later. Right now the thing to talk about in this battle is to establish a cooperative relationship with the Fortis Kingdom."

"Yo, yo, yo. This is really surprising... Establishing a partnership with the Fortis Kingdom? Does the Fortis Kingdom want to establish a cooperative relationship with us especially they have a dispute with the World Government?" Ask Borsalino.

"We can try it. As long as we have not received direct confirmation from them. We still have a chance to establish cooperation with them" Tsuru said calmly, "The ships built by the Gally-La Company in the future will be made using wood from the Fortis Kingdom. If we don't have a supply of wood coming from the Fortis Kingdom. We will not be able to maintain the ships we have and maintain their quality when the ship is damaged. We can't use ordinary wood to make repairs because it will degrade the quality of the ship. Meanwhile, if we send the ship to the Gally-La Company for repair it will only increase the amount of our expenses. The most effective solution is to establish a cooperative relationship with the Kingdom of Fortis so that we can have a steady supply of wood."

Sengoku nodded and continued, "According to the information Gion gave us. The price of one unit of wood is 500 thousand berries"

"500 thousand berries?" Everyone was very surprised by the price.

"Isn't that price too high?" Akainu asked while frowning.

"I also thought the same as you when I first heard the price from Gion" Sengoku said seriously, "However, the price of the wood is comparable to the quality of the wood. The wood was of almost comparable quality to the wood of the very famous adam tree. Although the quality of the wood is worse than the wood from the adam tree. However, the wood has a quantity that exceeds the wood from the adam tree and is also cheaper than the wood from the adam tree. Right now the Navy still has 10 billion berries left over from the fund we had last year. Tsuru and I have a plan to use these funds to purchase wood for the Fortis Kingdom. What do you think?"