𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

You stared up at the ceiling, thinking about the marigold.

•° ✿ °•

.•° ✿ °•.

As you woke up, you felt the space bedside you to only see the disheveled display of a blanket. "Of course." You sighed, sitting up and rubbing your still puffy eyes. "He never actually stays." You could feel your eyes starting to tear up again. "No. I won't cry again."

You eventually dragged yourself out of bed and threw on some clothes to replace the ones you never changed out of yesterday. You picked whatever you had lying around and looked in the mirror while trying to get the wrinkles out. After no avail, you made your way out of the apartment building and down the street to the flower shop.

As you opened the door, the bells rang again. The first thing you saw was two large ears peeking out from the back and then Tighnari popped out of the back to greet you. "Ah, hello Y/N. Welcome back. Came for another bouquet?" You shook your head.

"No. Just came to say thank you." You said bashfully. He tilted his head as you spoke.

"Why would you need to thank me? I didn't do anything." You just stared at him and watched as his tail slowly started to shake. "Okay maybe I did." A bit of pink dusted his tan cheeks.

"Thank you." You said again. You both just stood there in silence before Tighnari opened his mouth to speak.

"Collei isn't working today if you're wondering, but you are welcome to stay if you have nothing going on today, I would love to have some company." He said, taking off his apron and putting it aside.

You nodded, taking a walk around the store to see what types of plants he has. Your hands slowly grazed itself across the glass pots as you strolled the shop. You would want to buy one, but unfortunately your green thumb is a pitch black. There was once a cactus sitting on your bedside table, and you killed it. How does one kill a cactus? Well it occurred to you that maybe watering every day wasn't good for a plant that was in the desert it's whole life.

"You know... every flower has a meaning." Tighnari said, placing a beautiful bouquet of flowers together. He was just trying to make a conversation so the awkward silence would go away.

"Is that so? What does marigolds mean?" You smirked, touching a leaf of some strange plant.

"Good luck." He said, focusing on his job, but if you looked close enough his tail started to wag slowly again. "Though many flowers represent different things, there is normally never just one that means something." You sat there in thought for a moment.

"So. Which ones mean love?"

"Well. There of course is the rose, but that gets boring after awhile." Tighnari laughs. "Then their is peonies and daisys. I find those to be cute." You chuckled along with him.

"How long have you been into flowers? It must've taken a while to know how to take care of certain plants." He pulls out two stools and pats on the other one. You oblige and sit right by him while listening to him speak intently. Even though you had just met, you weirdly felt comfortable around  him. It was if you knew each other forever.

"I've been learning ever since I was a kid and eventually I went to collage for it at a young age because I was smart of course." He smiled while pulling his hair back into a low pony, a couple of the lime green strands fell out to frame his face. "But besides that. No one forced me to do it, it's something I like to do. I like seeing the looks on peoples faces when they see the flower arrangements I make them. It makes it all worth it."

You were in awe for a moment. "That's really admirable Tighnari. I wish I was into something like that." You chuckled. "I've always tried different hobbies but nothing ever really stuck with me." You shrugged. It's not that you weren't good at anything, it was the fact that you would get bored and move on to the next thing that caught your attention.

"Then how do you afford housing? Is there something that you do?" The man asked.

"Rich parents. I was their only kid so they decided to pay for things." You said. "So there was never really anything that I needed to do to make a living. I have my home and I have my food so." Tighnari got up and held out his hand. "What are you doing."

"Make a flower arrangement with me Y/N." He stared into your E/C eyes with a bright smile on his face. Something about it made your heart beat a little faster. "Please?" Tighnari pleaded.

The look he was giving made you cave in. "Fine." You chuckled, taking a hold of his hand. It was surprisingly rough to the touch, but it was warm and comforting. You felt like you could hold onto it forever, but that sweet moment was gone once he let go.

"Do you want to make one for you boyfriend?" The events of last night started to reappear in your head. "From the look on your face, I'm going to take that as a no." There was a pause. "Do you want to talk about it?" He questioned. Tighnari was genuinely worried that something had happened, but he was also nosey as well. Strange enough, he felt protective of you.

"No. You'll just tell me what everyone else says." You sighed while remembering what Collei was saying to you two nights before. "And I'll make on for Collei. She deserves it." Tighnari nods and brings out a couple baskets of bright flowers that you could pick from.

"These are the ones I think would suit her the most. She's one bright girl." Tighnari chuckles, setting them down besides you. "And if you need to vent, I can just listen. I'll keep my opinions to myself." You didn't notice, but his hand hovered over your back, wanting to comfort you, but he didn't.

"Thank you." There was silence as you grabbed some flowers and places them next to each other. You made sure that they were all the colors that made you think of Collei. "I found pictures on his phone last night." You admitted, trying hard to focus on the task at hand. "There was so many of them Tighnari. There was even one an hour before he came over. My boyfriend blamed it on one of his friends sending it him but I know it's him." Some tears slipped out of your eye. "I want to leave him, but I know I'll always come back because I think that there's a small part of him that loves me." Now there was tears starting to fall down your face.

Suddenly there was a hand on your back going in small circles. "Hey." He said in a soft voice. "You are going to be okay. I may not know you super well, but I've known Collei since I've been in Collage and she talks about you a lot. I know you are a great person so don't let anyone tell you different." Tighnari wanted to say more but resisted, he felt like it could of been too much. You looked to the side to see him with some tears going down his face as well.

"Why are you crying?" You laughed for a minute.

"Because I feel bad." He chuckled, wiping his tears away. "But Y/N, if you do decide to ends things with him. I can be there in case you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Just let me know and I'll be there." He slides over a business card with his number on it.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me." You took it, putting in your pocket.

"Now let's take a look at that flower arrangement."

°•. ✿ .•°

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far!

(Edited)