𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Childe didn't love you

•° ✿ °•

.•° ✿ °•.

You sat there wondering why the flower man would give you a flower. I mean, you guys just met today. 'Probably because he feels bad for me.' You thought, staring down at the flower. 'It is quite pretty though.' A small smile made its way to your face as you twirled the marigold between two fingers.

While getting up with a sigh you grabbed your phone. It looked like Childe still hasn't texted you at all today. The smile that was there immediately faltered because you knew what he was doing.

You knew you shouldn't text him, and that you should just leave it be and hope he never comes back, but you couldn't. You needed his affection even if it was fake. To you, he was the only person that could really love you. No one else mattered.

A couple words were typed and the message was sent. You knew a little 'I miss you' would get him talking to you again. It always worked. Even though Childe treated you like shit and cheated, he couldn't resist you.

After a couple of minutes, a text came through.

Be there in 15 minutes ;)

'He is actually coming.' You smiled, feeling a bit relieved. 'He still wants me'.

You brought out a couple of blankets and got on a movie for the two of you to watch. While waiting, you made 2 bowls of popcorn because Childe didn't like sharing his.

Right on the dot, he was there knocking on the door. You ran to it, opening it to see the man you called your boyfriend. Childe looked down and gave you a soft smile.

"Hello love." He said, holding a bouquet of black dahlias. "I brought these for you Y/N. I'm sorry for how I acted before. I should never of spoke to you like that. I love you, you don't forget that." He brought his gloved hand to your chin and left a soft kiss on your cheek. "I missed you too." Childe whispered against your ear, leaving a shiver going down your spine. You cleared your throat and backed away from him.

"I'm glad you came. While I was waiting I made some popcorn and got a couple of movies for us to watch." You took the flowers from his hand and turned around, ready to place it in a cup. You eyed the marigold.

I don't want to replace it...

"Babe. Why are you just staring at that stupid flower." Childe says, sliding his hand around your waist. "Who gave that to you anyways?" He started kissing the side of your neck while looking at the flower as well. Where did you find it?

"Just a pretty flower I saw on the street." You said quietly.

"Well, the ones I gave you look better." He said, taking the marigold out of the cup and throwing it out the table. He placed the black Delilah's in the cup and smiled proudly. "Am I right?" Childe walked up to you and kissed your forehead.

The marigold looked better.

"You're right, they do babe." You said. Walking up to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Let's go watch that movie now, I've been dying to see it." He nodded and made his way to the couch, sitting down and eating the popcorn you left out for him. You sat down beside him and ate out of your bowl, watching the movie you wanted to watch.

As you intently watched the screen Childe spent the whole time your boyfriend was on his phone, smiling at it and hiding the screen from your view.

"I gotta use the bathroom. I'll be back." Childe gives you a kiss before leaving to the restroom. It seemed like he forgot his phone and left it under the covers.

As he left the room, you dived for his phone and decided to take a look before he got back. After unlocking it, you went through his apps and found nothing, but then something appeared.

"Two picture apps?" You questioned, clicking on the duplicate app. As it opened, pictures of multiple girls in his laps popped up, nudes, drugs, and he even took a picture with a dead guys body in the background next to some gang whore you presumed.

Staring at the screen your mouth dropped open in shock. 'Oh my god. I can't believe this.' You thought, your hands shaking. 'Is he seriously fucking doing this to me? He is a fucking liar. Childe said that he loved me. Does that word mean nothing to him? Does it use to as a ploy to get me to do what he wants?' Tears poured down your face as you scrolled through more pictures. The most recent one was only an hour before he got here, and it was of him screwing some girl.

"What's the next movie we'll be watching?" Chimes in Childe as he entered the room. You looked at him with pure rage. "What's wrong?" He turned his head to the side like a confused dog. You held up the phone and wagged it in your hand. As you did so, his eyes widened. Childe was caught in the act and he knew it.

"None. Get the fuck out of my apartment." You said, throwing his phone at him. "Get the fuck out of here!" You yelled while tears streamed down your face. The mascara that you wore today started to mix in with the tears.

Childe caught the phone in his hand and looked at it. "Oh baby. It's not what it seems..." He said, making his way to you.

"Really? Then explain the picture of you fucking some slut! The proof is right there Childe. Is this why you never want to touch me?" You cried, getting up from the couch and hugged yourself. Everything started to make sense now. "You are a fucking bastard!" You started to back yourself against the wall.

"Y/N listen to me. It's not me in the picture. One of my friends sent it over to me and I accidentally saved it to my phone. You know how that happens sometimes." Childe said calmly, slowly making his way over to you. "Baby please. Listen to me." He pleaded.

"Then what about the other pictures Childe. Those are proof of what you have been doing. We are fucking done! Get out!" You screamed, shutting your eyes and just hoping what he would disappear.

Then you felt two warm hands softly grab your face as you cried. A soft shushing could be heard as you crumbled into his arms. You knew that you were just going to crawl back to him. As the saying says, history will repeat itself.

Childe petted the top of your head. "I didn't mean it love. It won't happen again." You opened your eyes and looked into his shining blue ones, the ones that used to show so much love for you. You knew that there was some left in there. There had to be.

"You promise?" You said, still crying.

"Yes my love. I promise." You nodded your head and dug your face into the crook of his neck, taking in his scent of some expensive cologne. It hurt so much that you knew he didn't love you back, it hurt even worse that you didn't care. "Let's go to bed. I'll stay the night with you, okay? We can cuddle all night and do whatever you want." Another silent nod and he picked you up, carrying you over to your bed and placing you down, snuggling into the blankets and falling asleep.

As Childe fell asleep next to you, you stared up at the ceiling, thinking about the marigold.

°•. ✿ .•°

Hope you enjoyed!

(Edited)