Chapter 18: The Iron-Eating Beast's Kindness

In the hall of the battle hall, Shi Yu, who was holding a card number, sat on a public seat, his eyes fixed on the big screen on the wall.

There seemed to be quite a lot of people in this hall right now, and three other halls were also available for battles.

The matching shouldn't be slow, right?

Indeed, Shi Yu didn't have to wait too long. He had only sat down for less than a minute, and before his buttocks could even warm up, the machine had already begun to call out numbers.

"ID: 4,399, Beast Tamer Shi Yu, please head to shoppingmode battlefield number 11."

"ID: 4401, Beast Tamer Chen Kai, please head to shoppingmode battlefield number 11…"

[Ground #11: Shi Yu vs Chen Kai!]

As his name and the name of another Beast Tamer appeared on the screen, Shi Yu immediately got up, turned around, and walked towards battlefield #11.

Number 11… was really auspicious.

It looked like this was a "home-ground" battle.

However, the pet was called Eleven, and the venue he rented for the first time was also Number Eleven… The symbol for being single. He wouldn't be single for the rest of his life, right?

Ground 11.

After sending away the previous batch of competitors, a young man in a referee uniform waited for the next group.

At this point, he had already gotten the information on the next contestants and knew that they were two low-level Beast Tamers.

Beast Tamers below the sixth rank are usually not very old either. They are still at their most naive and innocent stage then. Looks like it's going to be another showdown, the judge thought.

Before long, Shi Yu and Chen Kai arrived while the judge was waiting. The two of them bumped into each other at the entrance of the venue.

The two of them looked at each other and didn't talk. They continued to walk into the arena.

This was an open-air shoppingmode battlefield. The scale was similar to a tennis court. Outside the huge square field, there was a grid-shaped energy isolation net.

Actually, there were battlefields that were indoors, but there weren't many of them. If one wanted to use one, they had to book it in advance. The difference between outdoor and indoor venues wasn't that big. The difference was in the degree of privacy.

Usually, indoor battles were relatively private. Apart from the referee, there were basically no other spectators. As for the outdoor arena, through the isolation net, outsiders could completely see the details of the battle inside.

"Hello."

Seeing that someone had entered the the  battlefield of the 11th match, the young judge walked forward and received Shi Yu and Chen Kai.

"You guys are Shi Yu and Chen Kai, right?"

Chen Kai, who was wearing a blue and white school uniform, spoke first, "I'm Chen Kai."

"I'm Shi Yu."

As he spoke, Chen Kai, who was beside him, felt extremely conflicted.

Why was the opponent he was matched with someone his age…?

This person's luck was too bad. He clearly came here because he wanted to be beaten up by society. If his opponent was someone his age, there was even less of a doubt. After all, he was one of the top students in the best school in Ping Cheng. In his opinion, there weren't many people his age who could put up a fight against him and his pet.