Chapter 10: Snatching Bamboo Shoots

"This green caterpillar is around level one."

After praising Eleven, Shi Yu looked at the bug.

The green caterpillar was actually the pet that Shi Yu had researched the most. It was related to his three months of internship.

After all, he had recorded several books of growth data for the green caterpillar!

There was only one pattern on its body, so it should have only awakened once and was a weakling. Therefore, Shi Yu boldly touched it.

Pets were divided into growth levels and race levels.

Generally speaking, the higher the level of growth, the stronger the overall strength of the pet.

As for the species rank, it represented the pet's growth potential.

The higher the species level, the higher the upper limit of the growth level.

This green caterpillar was at the first-level awakening stage in its growth level.

This level was the growth stage for most pets to awaken their racial skills.

Every time a pet's awakening increased by one level, its physical fitness would increase. The upper limit of the pet's energy would also increase. There was also a chance of awakening its own race's skills.

After awakening 10 times, one could try to reach the transcendent level and become a real transcendent creature.

Each of the 10 awakening stages was simply represented by Beast Tamers from level one to level ten.

For example, this green caterpillar was at level one, while Shi Yu's contracted iron-eating beast was currently at level three. It was equivalent to them awakening and transforming once and thrice.

However, awakening a few times did not completely represent the strength of the pet.

The strength of a pet at the awakening stage was mainly related to the race skills that the pet had awakened.

In other words, at the same level of growth, the higher the species level of the pet, the stronger the combat power, unless the pet of a lower species mastered powerful skills other than the basic racial abilities.

Therefore, even if a green caterpillar awakened 10 times, it would not be able to defeat an Iron-Eating Beast that had learned Hardening. Even if the Iron-Eating Beast's growth level was much lower. This was a sort of power gap between races.

The advantage of the Green Silk Worms was that they grew faster than other pets of higher species. After all, their short lifespans forced them to grow faster.

In short, this green caterpillar was very weak. This kind of "unable to control its own fate" strength directly made it become Shi Yu's experimental subject.

"Ji—"

The green caterpillar was thrown to the ground. Because it was light, it was not injured.

However, the iron-eating beast's broken branch and palm really frightened it. After being stunned, it was in shock.

Green Silk Worm: Σ(°△°|||)_

It widened its eyes and looked at the giant in front of it in panic, as well as the iron-eating beast that jumped down from the tree. It turned around and climbed up, not even thinking of resisting with its insect silk.

However… Shi Yu was faster. He took a step forward and grabbed it.

At this moment, the green caterpillar finally resisted.