- Chapter 5 -

I noticed her the moment she had walked through the door, I had the perfect view from where I sat on our second floor landing. I had left the main party half an hour ago, but now I was more interested in going back down more than ever. I stood with my glass in my hand and walked down the stairs, my hand gliding down the railing, my rings scratching across the surface. I could feel the base of the music vibrating through the wood, as soon as I stepped off the stairs I was swept away by the flood of drunken people. I tried to keep my eyes locked on her, and the dress she wore that hugged every part of her body with a delicacy I only thought existed in dreams. I had drifted on to the dance floor, I danced with a few girls who approached me, but my eyes still wandered the crowd looking for her. I don't know if it was the alcohol in my system but I longed for her, I barely saw her, and yet I felt drawn to her... After what felt like an eternity I was finally able to escape the dance floor, I began walking around, weaving through the crowd looking for her. Without even realizing it, I had found myself back on the dance floor. Letting out an irritated groan I glanced around, mentally crossing my fingers. The music moved through the crowd and the house, in the center of the dance floor I saw Kat and Devyn dancing to the music, they both seemed to be laughing with someone that I couldn't see. Walking forward I peered around Devyn and Kat, it was her... I could finally see her... She was more beautiful than my drunken brain had imagined during the time it took me to find her. It was clear she was practically blacked out drunk, and honestly I wasn't too far from that myself. Moving towards her, I found myself standing behind her, my hands instinctively moving to her waist. She fit so perfectly in my hands, her hips moving to the echo of the music, she glanced back over her shoulder and looked into my eyes. Her blue eyes glowed with the bright disco lights that bounced around the room, she simply smiled and continued to dance, I'm pretty positive we were both far too drunk to comprehend what we were doing. her body moved closer to mine until my chin was against the top of her head, my body moved with hers in a strangely natural way. Her perfume overwhelmed my senses, I never wanted to smell another scent. Before I knew it my lips were gently caressing her neck, her head bent back to rest against my chest as we continued to dance. My grip tightened a bit on her waist as she pressed against me, my teeth grazing her neck. Suddenly she stopped, stepping forward, my hands slid off her waist, my entire body protested against the sudden movement. She looked at me with a look of realization and regretful panic plastered across her beautiful face, I reached my hand out towards her wrist but she pulled away. 

"I- I'm sorry." She mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear her over the music. Before I could reply she had vanished into the crowd, I followed trying to find her. I hurried out of the house after looking for almost 20 minutes, to see an Uber driving away from the mansion, in the back seat I saw her sitting with her head in her hands. 

Selena's POV

I blinked violently, only then did I realize that there was a hand in front of me. I slowly reached my hand out and allowed the man to help me up, I reached over and picked up my camera.

"Thank you-?" I said, looking at the blonde man that had helped me up.

"Sam." He replied, smiling at me. I looked to Colby who stood beside him, based on his expression I could guess he had just had the same memories flood his mind as they did mine. 

"Selena." I said, looking back at Sam after a moment. 

"It's nice to finally meet you! I've heard lots about you!" Sam grinned, rubbing the back of his neck and gently nudging Colby's arm.