⭒ chapter 20

as finney opened the doors to school, i could already see people staring at us through the glass doors.

when we finally made our way in, we locked hands. we got stares from every person in that hallway. girls giving me the dirtiest looks, guys staring at finney with anger. no one knew why.

everywhere we turned, eyes were glued to us. murmurs of "that's them" flooded around us. people tried to stop us to talk to us. i knew it'd be the same questions over and over. we stopped for no one.

we walked past the boys who beat us up in the past. but this time, they didn't follow us. they only stared and kept their distance.

we turned into our science class and met eyes with every person in there. more murmurs. we pulled out seats right next to each other. we sat down and i looked over at finney.

only smiles were exchanged this time.

———————————

after school, me and finney walked home. gwen had already started walking over to her friends house so it was just us. i couldn't hold it in anymore. i had to tell him. i stopped in my tracks and pulled his hand back.

"finney" i said, looking at the ground.

"what's up?" he asked.

it was time. i couldn't get any words out, so i just did it.

i took his face in my hands, and leaned forward. both of our lips touched and i knew i did the right thing.

i could hear him suck in a breath. he definitely wasn't expecting this.

after a few seconds of being in shock, he finally put his hands around my waist and pulled me closer.

i pulled away.

"i love you"

"i love you too."