⭒ chapter 9

"help!"

"help!"

"please!"

"finney, no ones gonna hear you" i said. soundproofed walls were no joke. he only gave me a glance.

"help us! somebody please!" he continued. he doesn't listen. "please help!"

nothing. absolutely no one heard anything. just as i thought. finney turned his attention to a window at the very top of the wall. so did i.

he tried jumping. nothing. he jumped again. nothing. he backed up more and jumped for the last time. he grabbed ahold of the ledge but still, nothing.

i stayed sitting on the bed. this was amusing. he looked at me for answers. then down to the bed i was sitting on. i looked down at it. i immediately jumped up from it.

we both tried to pry the bed from the floor but it was bolted down. "wait i think if you.." i said as nudged him off. i tried to pull it but still nothing. "stop. stop. stop it."

"if anyone could've broken that window, they already would've done it" i said. it was true. "robin would've done it." he said. he sat down on the bed next to me.

"we're not getting out of here." he said with his hands on his knees. "finney, don't say that. we will" i said. i'm not giving up hope.

"we're not getting out of here." he said again, now with his face turned towards me. i looked down. i couldn't face him. he took his hand and linked it with mine.

i looked back up at him and his sad eyes flooded mine. i could only force a small smile.

ringing.

the phone was ringing. again. we both directed our attention to it. finney got up in quickly took a step back. he then slowly walked towards the phone and picked it up.

"hello?" he asked. no response. he almost hung up the phone but then put it back to his ear. "hello?" he asked again. he then hung it up.

he came back and sat down. "what was that?" i asked. "i thought maybe there could be someone. i tried hanging it up but then there was a clicking noise i heard. someone had to be on the other side. maybe a prank call" he said. i only shrugged and lied down on the bed.

it was getting late so i wanted to get some sleep. finney did the same and lied down next to me.

i woke up by the movement of something. i looked next to me and saw finney looking at the phone. "stop it." he said. "what?" i whispered.

"stop what?" someone said. finney jumped up, almost crashing into me. "woah" i said. finney latched on to my arm.

okay, it wasn't that scary.

the grabber was sitting against the wall staring at us. "i'm hungry- we're hungry" finney said. i nodded in response to the grabber. "we need food" i continued.

"how are your eyes?" the grabber asked. "they hurt"

"i'm still dizzy, is that normal?" i asked. "probably not" the grabber said. what the fuck

"well, i can't bring you guys anything to eat." he said while standing up. "you'll have to wait"

"is there someone upstairs who will see you bring me food?" finney asked. "don't you worry about that." the grabber said while walking towards the door.

"if you weren't gonna feed us, why'd you even come down here?" i asked in demand. "just to look at you." he said. finney tightened his grip on my arm.

"i just wanted to look at you."