⭒ chapter 8

ringing.

the phone was ringing.

i felt finney flinch. he slowly lifted his head up. i looked down at him and he looked back up. we have eachother confused looks. he slowly sat up and got up. he reached over and picked up the phone.

"it doesn't work" someone said from the right of us. i turned my attention to the man. the grabber.

"not since i was a kid. hang it up." he said. he turned on the lights and finney turned around. "i know you guys are scared, and you guys wanna go home. i'll take you home soon" he continued while walking down the steps.

"it's just that...oh! everything's all fucked up!" he said while sighing. "i got to be upstairs for a while. something's come up." he said. "what?" finney asked. "never mind, what." the grabber said, his voice getting sterner.

"did someone see something?" finney asked. "are the police coming?" i asked. "if you let us go before they get here, i promise we won't tell" finney said, bargaining. the grabber just laughed.

"it's not the police." he said. 

"someone, though? someone's coming?" i asked.

"we'll scream. if someone's upstairs they'll hear us." finney said. "no he won't. not with the door shut." the grabber said.

"he?" me and finney asked in unison. the grabber only sighed.

 "with the door shut, no one can hear anything down here. i soundproofed it myself." the grabber said. well isn't that just fan fucking tastic.

"so shout if you like, you won't bother anyone." he said while grabbing the door handle. "you're the one who killed the others." finney started. "bruce. robin." i said.

"that wasn't me. that was someone else. i will never make you do anything that you won't...like." he said.

disgusting.

absolutely disgusting.

"if you try to touch me, i'll scratch your face. and whoever's coming will see and ask why." finney said. "dna allllll over" i continued.

"this face? hang up the phone now." he said. and finney did.

"i was down here once when it rang. ooh! creepiest damn thing. i think it's static electricity that does it. it went off while i was right next to it. i picked it up without thinking. to see if anyone was there." the grabber said.

"was there?" i asked. the grabber lowered his head and only shook it. "no."

he walked out and shut the door behind him.