⭒ chapter 6

"y/n! y/n! y/n! mwah mwah mwah. ohhh finney will you be my lab partner??" gwen said singsongly while we all walked. "stop" finney said, obviously annoyed. "it was nothing like that, we aren't even like that" i said. gwen wanted us together, i knew that.

"shut up you jerk" he said to gwen. she laughed. "all right, see you tomorrow." she said. "where you going?" i asked. "i'm staying over at susie's tonight. it's friday.. so.." she said while nodding. "i'll look after dad" finney said. "see you, kid. you too kids girlfriend" gwen smiled and walked off.

me and finney continued walking in silence. i was taking in the nature of our town. i wanted to ask him something but i really couldn't. it wouldn't come out right.

i looked up at him. he was looking. at me. already. i quickly looked away. god this is so dumb. i can't be like this. i need to build my god damn confidence. we've been friends forever. why can't i do this.

we turned a corner and i immediately spotted a black van. a man came out from behind it and dropped everything he was holding. we both stopped in our tracks and exchanged glances. "oh!" the man said while laughing. "you goof" he said to himself. "well isnt that just peachy keen?" he continued.

"you need some help?" finney asked. i elbowed him in his hip. i definitely did not want to help this man. "you see that?" the man continued, still laughing. "yeah.." finney said. "would you hand me my hat?" he asked while pointing to the hat planted right in front of me. i guess it's whatever. i picked up the hat and handed it to him. "yes, ma'am. i am a part time magician. would you like to see a magic trick?" he asked.

"yeah"
"no"

we said at the same time. finney gave me a look. i really did not want to be here. the man started shaking his spray can. "are those black balloons in there?" finney asked while stepping toward the van. i stood beside him and began walking with him too.

immediately the man opened the door and started suffocating finney with the balloons. shit.

i began to run away. there was no way i could save finney now. i needed to get to a police station. the noise of finney yelling came to a stop and so did i. i turned around. was he dead? then i saw the man sprinting towards me. sprinting.

"shit!" i yelled and began running again. i didn't have much stamina left and i knew it. i felt hands come around my neck and i was pushed to the ground.

"help!" i yelled as loud is possible. but with the man choking me, there wasn't much noise. "get off me!!" i yelled. nothing. no one heard.

it went black.