⭒ chapter 4

(if u wanna comment on this, it wont let u comment on individual paragraphs, im sorry the entire thing is one paragraph idk how to fix it 💀)

-------------------------------------------------------

screaming.

that's all it took to wake me up.

"finney, finney wake up!!" i said as i shook him awake "what???" he asked, half asleep. then he heard it too. we rushed up and went to where the sound was coming from.

we went to the doorway between the living room and kitchen and saw gwen being hit with a belt. poor girl.

"i'm sorry!!" she cried while still getting hit. "dad stop!" finney yelled. i held his arm because i couldn't do anything. "hey! you stay out of this! you too y/n!" he yelled at us. i didn't even say anything. since me and finney have been friends for so long, he treats me like one of his own children. which isn't a good thing.

"gwenny. they came to my work. why did the police come to my work???" he yelled while hitting her again. "i don't know, i'm sorry!" she cried back. 

i hugged finneys arm tighter and he put his hand on mine. he looked back at me but not for long. "you need to tell me what you know about this investigation!" he yelled. "nothing!" gwen said. "tell me what...what?"

"nothing!" gwen repeated. "huh?" he yelled.

"nothing!"

"what?"

"nothing!!!"

yelling was all that could be heard.

gwen finally picked up a wine bottle and backed up. "hit me again and i'm dropping it!" she yelled back. "you drop that l, and i will beat your ass twice as hard." he yelled.

she dropped it.

me and finney both flinched at the loud shattering sound. he pushed gwen down to the floor. "no dad!" finney yelled. i put my arms around finneys waist. maybe to comfort him?

"that was an eight dollar bottle of goddamn vodka!" he yelled while continuing to hit gwen. she finally stood up. "now you listen to me. listen to me. you are not your mother! that means you do not hear things that are not there. you do not see things that are not there! they're not there, gwenny! and your dreams... they're just fucking dreams. do you understand me??"

"yes!" gwen said while sobbing.

"do you understand me?"

"yes!"

"say it. i wanna hear you say it."

"my dreams are just dreams."

"say it again!"

"my dreams are just dreams!"

"say it again."

"my dreams are just dreams."

"go watch some television or something. and no ice on the bottom young lady! i want you to think about what you did." he yelled at her as she slowly made her way to the living room, past us. i tried to leave but finney wouldn't move. he stood and stared at him.

"did you know anything about this?" his dad asked. finney just coldly shook his head. "same goes for you two. you got that?" he said while pointing at us. when we didn't answer he raised his voice. "you got that?"

"now get out."

and we did.

we went back to the living room and sat down in front of the tv, where gwen was. i sat in the middle of them. i was always in the middle somehow, no matter what. whether we were walking somewhere, or sitting doing nothing, if i was with them, i was in the middle. 

gwen leaned her head on my shoulder and finney leaned his on my other one. we sat there for a while, in silence, watching the tv. 

i was thinking. 

thinking about my own dad.

my own dad, who relates to their dad. 

an alocholic, abusive man. horrible to his wife and his child. his only child. i thought he'd change as he got older, maybe learned something from the world. maybe realize what he was doing was wrong. i tried to get my hopes up and pray at night that he cold become a better husband and father. he never did. 

my prayers never came true.