⭒ chapter 3

"i don't know, i just think it's dumb that we have to even learn that" i said as me and finney walked. we were talking about science. i decided to stay the night at finney's after he was done at robins.

that's when i saw them. those douches form earlier. i watched as they stared at us. "what was that?" gwen asked. "nothing" finney said while sighing and tightening his grip on my hand. we weren't dating but he just liked holding hands i guess.

"im staying over at susies tonight. it's friday, so you know what that means." gwen said while slowly walking the corner. "we'll look after your dad." i said with a smile. "i'll be home in the morning. and you guys better not eat all the ice cream!" gwen said while departing us.

——————

we walked into the house to find his dad passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand. i stopped the record that was playing and turned off the lights while finney took the beer bottle out of his hand and went to the kitchen to get ice cream.

we decided to watch tv so we sat on the floor and ate our shared ice cream while highly intrigued in the movie we were watching. while blood started pouring from the sink on the movie i watched as finney fiddled with his toy rocket thing.

i looked up at him to see him very focused on the movie. i just smiled and continued watching the movie. the lady in the movie looked down to see a bathtub filling up with blood. finney dropped his spoon into his bowl.

then, a hand came out from the bloody bathtub.

finney quickly took my hand and started squeezing it as hard as he could. "finney, it's not that scary" i whispered.

the lady reached down slowly to hold the hand. and at that moment finney tucked his head into my shoulder. DEEP into my shoulder. "turn it off turn it off" he said while putting his arms around my waist. 

"finney you fucking wuss"

(no fr it was not that scary cmon now 🧍)

biggest baby i've ever had the displeasure of being around. i finally turned the tv off and we decided to head to bed. finney offered me the couch while he got comfortable on the floor. surprisingly, he fell asleep almost immediately. i knew he was gonna have nightmares from that movie.

——
i woke up to the sound of heavy panting. i looked at the clock. 3:25 AM.

i looked down to see finney sitting up and panting heavily. "finney?" i asked while getting down beside him. he turned to me with panicked eyes. "he got you." he said, tears almost forming.

"who got me?" i asked. "the grabber." he said. i only saw one tear roll down but that was enough for me.

"come here" i said and opened my arms. he hugged me and pushed me down to the ground. it was actually comfortable. i started slowly stroking his hair. his heart was racing. my heart was racing.

but they were racing for different reasons.