⭒ chapter 19

i walked over to where they were on the ground at, and grabbed the phone from finneys hands. i kneeled down and put the phone to the grabbers ear. "it's for you" i said with a smile.

"welcome to the nightmare end of your pathetic little life"

"you don't have much time"

"todays the day, mother fucker!"

"i can't kill you, you hijo de puta, so finn and y/n are gonna do it for me."

"finn's arm is mint!"

quickly, finn took over the phone and took one big tug. the grabbers neck snapped. he let go and backed up. the grabber sunk down into the hole. his dog continued barking at us. all i could go was stare at the grabbers dead body.

i had an idea and ran over to the meat freezer. i took out a piece of meat and ran over the dog, keeping my distance. i threw it a little ways close to the dog. it immediately ran over to it.

i walked over to finney and looked down. i locked our hands together and we exchanged smiles.

we turned to the stairs and slowly started walking up them, this time not needing to be afraid of a killer upstairs with a belt.

when we got upstairs, we made our way through the house, almost tripping over the chair he left sitting in the middle of the kitchen. to the front door. finney opened it and the sunlight hit our faces. finney put in the code from last time. and clicked the door open.

we stepped out into the broad daylight. a polic car came up to the house across from us and quickly stopped.

we were dirty, our hair was ratted, our clothes were torn.

more and more cars pulled up to the house across from us. we made our way down the stops, our hands still intertwined. all our focus was on the cars across the street.

gwen.

gwen was there.

gwen saw us.

when i saw her finally, i gave her a slight smile and finneys hand a slight squeeze. she started slowly walking to us, unsure. after a few steps, she ran. she ran to us.

and into our arms. she gave us the biggest hug known to man. i let go of finneys hand and wrapped my arms around her. so did finney.

we were both in shock. we were we actually getting out? or was it a dream?

i rested my chin on top of gwen's head, tears flowing onto me and finneys clothes.

police officers ran out of the house across from us when they spotted us. they ran over to us.

"basement" was all finney could say. they ran into the house while two police officers escorted us. gwen clinged to me, finneys arm around my shoulder. my one arm around gwen and my other on finneys waist.

————-
we were sitting in the back of an ambulance with blankets wrapped around us. i sat between gwen and finney. their dad appeared from behind the barriers and begged to come see us. when they finally let him through, only a blank stare remained on my face.

he engulfed finney into a hug. i gave him a slight smile. "i'm so sorry. i'm-i'm, i'm so...i'm so sorry. please forgive me."

nothing.

i put my arm around finney while he leaned his head on my shoulder. gwen put her head on my other shoulder while their dad was still on his knees, begging for forgiveness.

no phone rang this time.