Surprise

The best decision. That's exactly what I made last week.

In addition to getting closer to Thomas, I've been able to put a lot of things I've been taught into practice and I can tell it would help in the long run.

Getting out the food we bought from their packages, we place them on the dining table before opening our cans of soda.

"Cheers to a fruitful week and a lovely weekend." Thomas says as we clink our cans.

"Cheers." I reply, taking a swig of mine. Placing the can on the table, I let out a contented sigh as Thomas eats a forkful of his lasagna with a subtle moan. "That good?" I ask, eyeing his plate.

"Very." He says before holding out his fork.

Tentatively, I lean in, eating the lasagna on it as he watches me intently. "It is good." I comment, ignoring the butterflies from eating out of the same fork.

I divert my gaze from his face and dig into my spaghetti bolognese, closing my eyes as I savour the meal. On opening my eyes, I find Thomas watching me. "What?" I ask playfully, trying to ease the mounting tension.

"Seems like it's good too." He comments, referring to my food.

"Very." I say and he stretches his fork but I swat his arm away. "Wait."

"Wait?" He asks incredulously as I chuckle.

"Yes. Who says I want you to have a taste?" I ask jokingly as mirth dances in his eyes. He leans in with his fork once more and I stand with my plate, moving out of his reach.

His mouth hangs open, watching me as I walk towards the kitchen counter. I stick out my tongue at him, placing my plate on the counter and taking a mouth full.

I'm about to turn and say something but the words die in my mouth when he's right in front of me. There's a predatory gleam in his eyes as he places his hands beside me on the counter– caging me.

I chuckle nervously, stepping forward so he moves away but he doesn't and we only stand closer to one another, our bodies almost touching. I take a step back immediately, flustered by our proximity.

"I was joking. Here, I'll feed you." I say, managing to turn around to take a forkful of spaghetti before placing it infront of his mouth.

After staring at me for what seems like ages, he finally opens his mouth and eats the spaghetti.

"There." I say, returning the spoon but on turning around I'm still caged. "Thomas," I call nervously but he only moves closer like he can't hear me. Studying his features, I spot the sauce at the side of his lip and I reach out to wipe it away.

I'm about to retract my hand but he holds it, slowly licking the sauce on my thumb with his eyes on mine. If I thought I was flustered before, I'm a wreck now.

"Thomas," I whisper, unable to bear the torture of his nearness. "If you want to kiss me, do it. Do it now." I say in desperation, leaning in as his eyes flicker to my lips.

My eyes flutter close in anticipation and I feel his breath on my face before his lips graze mine lightly. I press my lips to his and deepen the kiss with every fiber of want.

I've wanted to kiss him from the very first day we met at the park and I've dreamt about it ever since.

Sinking my fingers into his hair, he snakes his arms around my waist, squeezing them as he kisses me with equal vigor.

This must be what bliss feels like, I think.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Someone yells and we pull away. My thoughts are hazy but if I'm not mistaken, the voice sounds a lot like... "Mum?" I ask in shock, taking in my mother's figure as she stands infront of the door, one hand on her black box.

What a reunion...

Wheww! What a reunion indeed.