Who is he?

BAILEY'S POV

Home Alone.

With Dad halfway across the continent, I have the house to myself. Not like it's anything new. Almost all my life, I've been alone.

Putting on a floral sundress with yellow sandals, I get ready for the next restaurant haunt.

Whenever I'm on vacation from college, I make it a habit to go restaurant haunting just so I don't stay cooped up at home all the time. The restaurant on today's list(yes, there's a list) is one named Hot and Tasty.

While surfing the internet for nearby restaurants, I was about to leave it out because of its name but I decided not to since there were numerous positive reviews.

Hanging the strap of my black bag across my body, I lock the door and head out.

It doesn't take the cab driver up to 20 minutes to get there as I pay and enter the restaurant. I'm engulfed by the sweet scent of food and my stomach growls reminding me of how hungry I am. Sitting at a table close to a French window, I look around taking in the environment.

Cozy enough. I think to myself noting the relaxed atmosphere and the handful of people present. The casual furniture and simple decor are not my style but I can't judge without tasting their food.

Too focused on my assessment, I don't notice someone walk up to me till I hear, "Good day." Startled, I look to my right and my heart skips a beat.

Armed with a smile is a handsome face with striking blue eyes fixed on me. He's not the most handsome guy I've come across but there's something about him I can't place. Perhaps his eyes... Or his smile.

"Good day." I greet, looking away momentarily.

"I hope everything's to your liking?" He jokes, referring to my scrutiny.

I shrug, looking at him once more. "It's alright."

"Alright? That's not very impressive. Have you had the chance to go through that?" He asks, pointing at the menu I didn't notice on the table and I pick it up to look at the dishes. "Would you like a moment to go through that or can I recommend today's special? If that'll help boost our score." He adds, eyes dancing in mirth.

I blink mildly surprised at how jovial he is and how much it suits him.

Our score?

My question is answered when I spot the apron over his clothes- he must be a waiter.

"I'll have the special." I place the menu back on the table while he nods and leaves.

Drumming on the table, I admire his gait. Didn't he feel awkward smiling while I'm not?

Maybe I should try smiling back.

I shake my head to get rid of the thought. I'm here to eat not smile.

Some minutes later, the same guy walks up to my table and drops two covered plates with a glass of lemonade before uncovering the dishes. "Enjoy."

I pick up the glass of lemonade and look at him. "What if I don't like lemonade?"

"Do you?" He asks, looking up from the glass in my hand. The intensity of his gaze stuns me and I get lost for a moment.

I forget about the lemonade and the lovely scent wafting from the dishes. The only things I'm aware of are his eyes and how the simple question doesn't seem so simple with him staring at me like that.

"I do." I manage, my voice barely more than a whisper.

"Good." He replies softly, the right side of his lips tilting into a slight smile. "Goodbye." With a slight nod, he walks away and I stare at his retreating form a bit dazed.

Surely, that was about the lemonade.

I look at the dishes before me, my mouth slightly watering. If the margarita grilled chicken alongside the white queso dip & chips taste anything like they look, I'll be a regular here.

Not just because I got lost in arguably the most captivating eyes I've seen in my whole life.

~~~~~

Hot... And tasty is the perfect description for what I just devoured. Now the name makes perfect sense- so also the positive reviews.

I get out my phone from my bag and begin scrolling through social media while assuring myself that the reason I'm still seated isn't because of the possibility of Mr Blue eyes clearing my table.

In a few minutes I realize my assurances were for nought because the moment a redhead lady clears my table, I get up and leave. The only consolation is the fact that I've found a restaurant I'll be a regular at.

For their tasty dishes alone.

For their tasty dishes alone indeed😂. Keep reading😊.