CHAPTER: forty

Right after Charlie's discoveries, Days have been back to normal for the Cullen's and Ford's since Margaux's basically living with Radleigh.

Everything's back to normal besides Renesmee's fast growing rate. It seems to be a good thing since it means that she's not like any other immortal child that is forever frozen and cannot be taught to conceal their kind, but it is quite alarming.

They don't really have much idea about half-human and half-immortal. Renesmee's existence is still bit of a mystery to them and they could all just watch how she turns out and hopefully, it's all positive.

Renesmee is as big as a kid now for being just weeks old. Margaux bought all of her clothes last month and now, she had already visited different online shops to buy new ones. She's also visiting her mother from time to time, especially when she found out that she's been going out with her Doctor "friend" for a while now and if she didn't plan to surprise her the other night she wouldn't have found out.

It was a terrifying sight to see.

To see your mother came out of the bathroom, followed by a half naked man, she froze, dropping the cake on the floor that she bought on her way.
Her mother was shocked too. She was a stuttering mess, trying to explain what had truly happened, but since the Doctor too, was trying, Margaux couldn't understand what they were saying so she had to stopped them.

Margaux put her hands up, signalling for them to stop before pointing towards the couch. The two nodded, walking towards the couch to sit, but before the Doctor could sit beside her mother, Margaux let out a small cough. The Doctor got what she meant by it and moved to sit on the other couch a bit far from where Margaux and her mother is sitting.

Margaux cleared her throat, "Now, mother, I want you to tell me what happened" she demanded, not taking her eyes of the Doctor. He gulped.

"Sweetie, please you've got it wrong. I just helped him" Her mother explained.

"Helped him with what?"

"We didn't do anything. Juice spilled on his shirt so I sent him to the bathroom to fix himself, but I forgot to mention that the sink is broken and the water splash everywhere. I had to get in"

"What your mother said is true..." The Doctor butted in.

"Why are you here in the first place? It's...11:00 pm" Margaux is now asking the Doctor, but he couldn't answer. She noticed how he's wearing a simple outfit, something a Doctor would wear on his off.

Margaux stood up, running upstairs to check her bedroom. Her mother followed after her while the Doctor stayed at the end of the stairs, waiting. There, in her bedside table, a duffel bag that she's sure is not her's or her Mom's.

She's so stupid. Why didn't she notice that the smell is not her mother's or maybe she's not stupid, she just trusted her mother so much that she thought she would, atleast, be thoughtful enough to consider telling her about it before letting a man live with her. Letting him stay in her room or atleast that what it looks like, with his things in her room.

Margaux slammed the door shut.

She stormed out of the house after that, not letting them explain. She's upset. She doesn't know why. Is it because she didn't tell her and kept a secret from her and she felt betrayed? Or because it has always been just the two of them, Margaux and Maddie that she feels foreign about it, the thought, the feeling of her mother being with someone or a man in her mother's life when she grew up watching her mother managing and doing fine without one.

'Am I being unfair?' She thought to herself.

With the thought going around on her mind, She realized that it was unfair of her to react like that when she, too, left her mother, all alone, when she decided to live with Radleigh even after knowing she's fine around mortals.

She sighed, pulling up on their driveway. She's been going around for a few minutes thinking about her actions and decided to go back after having some deep reflection of what she did.

She owed her mother and her friend an apology for being rude and for not letting them explain throughly, but is also expecting one. Her reaction was valid, but the reason was not.

She came back, but her mother already sent the Doctor home. They talked about it, apologized to each other and planned a dinner with him for Margaux to get to know him much better.

That happened weeks ago and now they are on good terms. The Doctor stopped staying at their house and moved somewhere blocks away from them. The whole reason he was there was because he needed a ride to work and back home because of what happened to his car, which Margaux destroyed when she was escaping and her mother offered to drive him work and take him home and by that, they got closer and developed something.

She was so embarrased. She totally forgot about it. So, she offered to pay for his rent covering a year and his groceries since it's all she could afford using her own savings since she started part-time working as a babysitter and a tutor at the age of 11 and her monthly allowance from her mother.

Now that she thought about it, Margaux is in need to look for a job. She's been using Radleigh's money for all the things she had bought and it's not right. Yes, Radleigh had given her access, but still.

"Marg...?" It was Bella. "Do you wanna come with us? I'm taking Renesmee outside to play with snow"

Margaux closed her laptop, "Yes! Give me a minute!"

"Okay! We'll wait for you in the car"