CHAPTER: five

MARGAUX is on her way to the reservation.
She got a call from Bella, inviting her to test out Jake's new motorcycle.

For months that they had spend together, Margaux never percieve Bella as someone who likes extreme things. Someone who is daring. She's a maladroit for godsake.

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

"What's that?" Jacob asked her as she got there, right on time.

"Okay, I got some chips, drinks and---first aid kit" Margaux said taking the kit out. Bella rolled her eyes.

"Don't you trust me, Marge?"

"I do trust you, but not when you're riding a motorcycle and besides, there's nothing wrong with being ready just in case--"

"Okay, okay. Enough. Come on"

Margaux just shrugged, following the two. She doesn't know why Jacob would let Bella try it in the first place.

She stopped and went under a tree to get some shade. She decided to just watch from there. Putting her bag down, Margaux leaned against the tree, chips in hands.

She watched as Jacob explained everything to Bella. No matter how dangerous and stupid this idea, Margaux can't deny the fact that she's enjoying it and she's glad that Bella finally got out of her depressed state.

Margaux was there for Bella. Taking notes for her, updating her about what happened at the school, stopping by and visiting her almost everyday. She had to check the Cullen residence everyday and send e-mails to Alice for Bella.

She was just chilling comfortably under the tree. Sipping soda every now and then. Her eyes never leaving the two.

"Woooh, go girl" she cheered as Bella finally get the motorcycle to run. She smiled excitedly, but it didn't last long as Bella ran into a rock. "I knew it"

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

She could hear Bella apologizing as she got close to where they are. "Are you okay? Let me see"

Margaux turned Bella face so she could see it clearly. "Tsk, I knew it"

Bella rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeah, keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain---stop moving, Bella. Your Dad's gonna kill me"

Jake helped Margaux fix and clean Bella's injury. Fortunately, nothing major happened to her.

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

Later that night, Margaux was busy doing some essays when she got a phone call from Alice.

She stood up, knocking her chair down, "Alice!? Thank god you called. How are you? Where are you?"

"......"

"Alice? Is something wrong? I am really glad you called. I am assuming you already read my emails..?"

"......"

"I am so sorry if I ever bothered you with it. It's Bella. You see, she was devastated with whatever happened and I really really want to help her and since we're friends, I decided to reach out to you. Don't worry, Bella's getting better now"

"......"

"Why aren't you saying anythin---"

The line ended. Margaux stared at her phone for a minute. She checked the phone number if it was really Alice and not just someone who pranks people. It was Alice.

She decided to call her again to ask if she's alright, but she's not answering.

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

"I got a call from Alice last night" Margaux started that caught Bella's attention.

"What did she say?"

Margaux shook her head, "Nothing"

"What do you mean, nothing?"

"She called me, but she didn't talk to me. I don't know. I tried calling her back, but she's declining"

Bella just sighed.

"Do you have any plans after school? Do you wanna go shopping?" Margaux asked, changing the subject. She noticed the change in Bella's mood.

"Uh--yeah. I have to go somewhere"

"Where? Can I go with yo---"

"No" Bella cut her off. "I---want to be alone"

Margaux nodded in understanding. She knew how Bella feels whenever the Cullens is brought up. She actually feels bad for mentioning the phone call she got last night. It's not like she got something out of it.

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

On her way home, Margaux decided to stopped by a library to pick more books to read to pass time. She's been having trouble sleeping ever since that night, Bella's dissapearance.

Sometimes the dreams are bearable. Sometimes she'll find herself gasping for air, screaming and drenched in sweat. Sometimes she'll woke up feeling thirsty or hot, but most of the time she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep, hence the stack of books she rented.

Turning the lights on, Margaux screamed, dropping her books.

"What the f*ck, Alice!?"