CHAPTER: thirty-one

"

Packages for you"

Margaux looked back to see Jacob holding two boxes and a paper bag. She raised her eyebrows.

"I went to check up on your Mom just like what you asked. She said you ordered this and paid for it already, asked me to bring it to you. She wouldn't be able to give it herself and you wouldn't be able to get it yourself, anyway. Sam's packs been guarding it up in case you show up"

"Oh...." she must've forgotten to change her shipping address. "Thanks, Jake. Sam's really is an asshole. My mom must be stressing so much"

"You have no idea, but don't worry I already sent Seth to stay with her for a while. What's in this?"

"Oh. Some clothes and stuff for the baby" Margaux answered a little wary about Jacob's reaction who just nodded.

"Bella asked me to and I happily obliged. Aren't these cute, Jake?" She said with a smile on her face, holding up a cute baby dress and a pair of mini slippers.

"Yeah...." Jake said, a small sad smile on his face.

"I am sure Bella will like all of this. Even though she only asked me to buy boy clothes. I couldn't help it, seeing those cute little tutu dresses and headbands, Ugh...."

"Seeing  how excited you are, I know that kid will be spoiled as hell"

"You bet...."

°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

"Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't wanna take you on outnumbered. So he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded, just like with Margaux's and he'll wait for his opportunity"

"We won't get through without a fight"

"No fights"

"It won't be us who will break the treaty" 

"The treaty is void. Atleast on Sam's mind"

"Not in ours" Esme butted in.

"Carlisle....no one hunted for weeks"

"Will make do"

°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

"Okay, so here's my favorite. Look, it has some glitters on it. I'm positive she'll look fabulous in it, don't you think?" Margaux asked as she brags about every dresses she bought. "And this one, look dashing. It also has a hat to match for it and it 's so cute"

Bella smiled at her excited friend, who keeps on putting clothes on her lap. The others were just watching the two interact somehow, feeling a bit relieved to see them act like it is normal.

"This one, though looks very elegant. Audrey Hepburn instantly appeared on my mind. I had to get i--Are you okay?" Margaux stopped.

"Yeah...just cold"

"Oh...okay"

She moved letting Jacob to move closer to her for more heat.

She frowned at her friend's condition that doesn't seem to be getting any better even the slightest. Margaux looked away as Bella winces, getting up to puke but nothing came up.

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system" Esme suggested.

"If only I could see the fetus.." "The baby" "...maybe I could figure out what it wants"

Margaux looked down, a bit upset. Radleigh noticed it and pulled her in his arms, rubbing her arms for comfort.

"You might be right" Edward suddenly spoke making them all turn to look at him. "Jacob just had an idea"

"It was not an idea. It was a snark comment" Jacob cleared.

"What were you thinking?"

"It was just probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into"

Nobody spoke after that. Margaux's eyebrows raised at this.

"He's thirsty"

"I know the feeling"

"If it's craving it doesn't wanna want an animal blood"

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella"

With this, Margaux turned to look at Radleigh, who nodded at her before getting up to go somewhere. Radleigh's control has never been a problem but ever since he started skipping on his hunt and since they couldn't easily go out to hunt because of the wolves, it been hard for him.

"Wait, you're gonna make her drink that?"

"Fast way to test the theory"

Margaux rubbed Bella's shoulder, smiling at her. "It will work" she whispered as Jacob moves away. Edward then, came back with a cup, putting a straw to make it easier for her.

They all patiently wait for it as Bella took her first sip.

"Taste.....good"

Margaux laughed, clasping her hands together while Carlisle took a sit next to Bella; "Your pulse are getting stronger"

"It's working"