CHAPTER: twenty

Radleigh put her down on the bed Esme transferred from the Cullen's house to his'. He then moved away, letting Carlisle do what he needed to do.

"You need to do it now, Rad. Her body's gonna give up any minute"

Radleigh nodded. Carlisle put his hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze before walking out of the room, giving them privacy.

As the door shuts, Radleigh walked over, sitting down on the side of the bed. He held her cold hands, wrapping them with his own, missing it's warmth. The warmth that managed to melt the wall he set up for himself. He can't believe he'll have take it away so soon.

Her life's 'bout to end before it can truly start. He remembers the time when they talked about what are there plans in the future. That last time they were together.

"You know, I want to live my life to the fullest. I don't wanna be in a situation where I am existing but not living. Does it make sense?"

It does. It does make sense.

Before Margaux, he was in that kind of situation, but in his case, it's literally. He's not alive, but he's not dead, either. He just simply existing. 

For him, Immortality is a punishment. Re-living everything from his disastrous past and there's no way to escape.

It was pure torture that he intended to do the same thing Edward did back in Italy, but Alice stopped him in time. She told him about something, more like someone in the future that will need him, but somehow, it's hard for him to believe her.

He still left.

"Carlisle, what are we gonna do? There must be some other way"

"I, honestly, don't know. Perhaps, we should just let him do whatever it is that  he wants. He's been through a lot. The least we could do is to support him" said Carlisle.

"He's a family. We can't just let him do it"  Alice, Rosalie, Emmett nodded.

"Esme, we can't be selfish. He's hurting. His past is haunting him, trapping him down with no way to escape"

"But what about my vision?" Alice asked.

"Your vision changes, Alice"

"No. This one is different. I feel like it should happen. It must happen"

Carlisle just shook his head.

"You all worry too much"

It was Edward.

He's been quite ever since. There's no hint of worry in him. He and Rad are the closest to each other, so it's really weird to see him unbothered with the fact that his "uncle/bestfriend" was about to do something to put an end to his existence.

"He's gonna come back. You know how hard it is for him to believe. He needs to make sure of it, first"

And Edward was right. Radleigh did came back that night, all fine.

In Radleigh's mind, whoever it is that will need him, he'll wait for them. He'll make sure that he'll be there for them. In his mind, he thought of that person as his only redemption, not knowing that they would become so much more.

She'll become so much more.

Margaux is not just his redemption, but also his purpose, his life.

He has never felt more 'alive', which does not make sense since he's dead, not even when he was still a human.

When he saw her, finally, for the first time, he instantly felt the connection, and that moment, he swore that he would always be there for her, not because she'll need him for whatever reason, but he just wants to.

He wants to protect her, no, he promised himself that he would do anything, everything to protect her, to keep her from any harm.

But, he failed.

He failed to help her, to protect her. And it's happening all over again. The pain, anger, dissapointment for not being able to protect the woman he love, but this time, it hurts even more because he had no one else to blame but himself.

"I'm so sorry, My love. I wasn't there when you needed me. I wasn't there to protect you. If I could turn back the time, I would and I'll kill them all before they could even lay their hands on you, you know that.

I can't. I can't let you go just like that, you know. I refuse to let you go. I hope you can find in your heart to forgive me, but there's no other way, Margaux. I need you. I love you and if I have to spend eternity asking for your forgiveness, then so be it. As long as you're with me, I don't care if you'll hate me or not, I don't care if I have to love you from afar. All I care about is to have you around"

Radleigh whispered before kissing her forehead, both of her cheeks, her nose, her lips down to her jaw, collarbone and lastly her neck.

"See you soon, my love"

a/n: hello guys! since eclipse ends here. i am curious to know what do you think of this book, the story so far. what do you think of margaux and radleigh's relationship. please comment down below. hehehe.

also, i want to thank you guys for giving this book a chance. thank you so much.