Fifteen

I spoke to Mario the next day. We talked for a while about the whole situation and he reassured me that nobody was mad at me.

Sadly, Olivia didn't make it. Ruby was still in the hospital during her funeral, but he pulled through and came home.

Latrelle and Jerome have been MIA, and the streets were hot. Things were getting so bad, a truce had to be called. Through all the madness, Cesar got jumped out the gang. I haven't seen or heard from either him or Oscar, but Monse told me Cesar's staying with her since Oscar won't let him come home.

Oscar hasn't even been by to see Princess once. She asks about him everyday and I had to keep telling her he's busy. Luckily with the holidays rolling around, I've been able to distract her.

I took her Christmas shopping with some money I had saved up, then we spent the day at the Martinez'. We had come home that night to a pile of presents for her from Oscar. She was happy of course, but still asked for her dad. I planned to try and take her to see him.

Currently, I was getting the two of us ready for New Years dinner with everyone at Ruby's. Princess wore a cute gold and white dress she picked out herself. I curled her hair and pinned it up with cute little bows to match her dress.

I did a neat bun and put on a dress I bought a while ago and hadn't gotten the chance to wear yet.

Since Flacko and I have been staying in communication, he offered to give us a ride since I didn't feel like driving

Once we were both ready, we headed out to his car and made the drive to Freeridge.

"Can you take us by Oscars? Princes has been asking for her dad and this is getting ridiculous."

"I don't think that's a good idea Mani. I haven't been around much lately, but I've been hearing a lot. The Santos don't want you around."

"There's a truce remember. I just want Princess to see her dad. I'm not trying to get into anything right now."

"Alright but if they tell you to leave, leave that's it" he said.

"Alright."

We turned the corner the house was on and I was upset to see the way Oscar was treating Cesar. I got out the car with Princess struggling to get out her seat because she saw her dad. I walked over just as he shouted at Cesar that he wasn't welcomed, before pushing him into the street.

Obviously Cesar had no where else to stay, and it was sad Oscar wouldn't let him come home. It broke my heart to see it.

"Cesar, come on, you're not staying on the streets. You can stay with Princess and I."

"No he can't." Oscar said making me sigh.

"Why not? It's not in Freeridge and you don't seem to care as long as he's not staying here." I led Cesar over to Flacko's car just as Princess managed to escape and run over to her dad. He crouched down to talk to her once she reached him.