Twelve

Flacko brought me to a house party. I was nervous when we arrived but, I calmed down once I seen familiar faces.

"Imani, where you been loca?" Sad eyes smiled greeting me with a hug.

"Hey." I smiled hugging him back.

"I heard you moved out of Freeridge."

"Yeah, I'm not far though. But I had to get out you know?"

"I feel you. It's good to see you though. Even though I don't know why you here with Flacko." He said giving him a look.

"You didn't hear? I've got my own personal stalker." I faced him. He rolled his eyes slightly.

"Alright. Spooky told me to keep eyes on her. That's all." He told sad eyes.

"Imani? You good?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna have one drink then head back home to my baby." I told him. He nodded.

"Alright I'll see you later then." I nodded saying bye before following Flacko into the kitchen. He poured me a drink then poured himself one.

"Woah, aren't you driving?" I asked him.

"So?"

"So, I'm not getting in the car with you driving if you're going to be drinking." I said. He scoffed.

"It's one drink Imani. If it makes you feel better I'll chug some water after." I rolled my eyes and walked off. I leaned on the wall and sipped my drink watching a couple guys in an intense arm wrestling match. Most people here were already gathered around to watch and place bets.

"Who you got?" Flacko asked, walking up behind me. I looked back to see him with a bottle of water in his hand instead of his drink. I then turned my attention back to the arm wrestling when I felt his eyes on me.

"Gary. I seen him knock someone out before. I mean clean out."

"Yeah? Well you obviously don't know Hector."

He proved me right when the other guy slammed Gary's hand down on the table, making half the crowd cheer and the other half curse in more than one language.

"Told you." He said.

"Yeah yeah." I finished my drink and threw the plastic cup away.

"Ready to go?"

"Not yet. I need to stop by Mario's. I forgot Ruby text me asking me to stop by. I'm assuming you already know where to go?" He chuckled softly.

"Yeah, let's go."

We went back to his car and headed to Ruby's. Once we got there, he waited outside while I got out the car. I walked up to the door and knocked before letting myself in.

"Finally." Ruby sighed. I noticed they were all here.

"What's going on?"

"We're throwing Olivia a quince, can you please do the invitations since Monse, continues to refuse." Ruby asked. I chuckled softly.

"Sure, email me the guest list."

"Thank you thank you." Ruby hugged me before he went back to coordinating. Abuelita walked over to me and dragged me into the kitchen.

"Imani, you look skinny. Here." She handed me a large bowl of food covered with foil. Rice, beans, and chicken.

"Abuelita thank you, but I don't need all this food." I chuckled.

"Is not just for you. For your baby too. And your man." She smiled.

"I don't have a man. But thank you, Princess definitely loves your cooking more than mine, she's just too sweet to say it out loud." I smiled hugging her. She smiled hugging me back then cupping my face and tapping my cheeks a little too hard.