Ten

The next morning I woke up and checked my phone to see my dad blowing me up. Oscar was still asleep, so I quietly got dressed and left his room. When I walked out, Cesar was eating cereal with Princess while she watched cartoons.

"Long night?" He asked. I glared at him.

"Can you watch her? I have to do something but I'll be back."

"Yeah sure." I thanked him and left the house. I walked home so I could get showered and changed. When I was done, I walked into the living room to see one of my dads block boys sitting on the couch.

"Can I help you?" He stood up and walked over to me.

"I'm Jerome I don't know if you remember me?"

"Yeah I do, why you here?"

"Ya pops asked me to take you to the warehouse. Overlook the shipment."

"Then why am I going if you are?"

"Look I don't ask questions. He want me to look out for you aii? So let's bounce."

"I gotta grab the money first. I'll meet you outside." He nodded walking out. I headed downstairs to the basement where my dad keeps the safe. I put in the combination and grabbed the bag full of the cash I needed. I walked out to the car, putting it in the backseat before getting in the passenger side. 

We drove in silence with the radio playing softly. I glanced at him to see him grinning like a kid on Christmas.

"Why do you have that look on your face?"

"I just find it so crazy Boss' daughter is in the game now. What made you wanna do it?"

"I need the money."

"It always comes down to that. Money."

"Yup. I got a daughter to take care of."

"I feel you."

"This won't be my life though. It's temporary. Once I'm on my feet I'm done."

"You say that now. Then you gonna miss how easy it was to fill your pockets. You'll be back in no time."

"Doubt it. My daughter comes first in everything I do. I realize the risk I'm even taking now. I'm risking the chance I'd go to jail or get shot just so I can make sure she has a good life. I think some of you simply enjoy this life we were brought up in. It's not totally you're fault. But do you wanna be in the streets forever?"

He started laughing again. I rolled my eyes.

"All I heard was a bunch of bullshit. This life was yours the day you were born. Then you fucked around with that Santo bitch and popped out a kid getting yourself in deeper. And now look at you, making runs for ya pops."

"Now I remember why I don't like you." I nodded.

"Didn't mean to offend you Princess, just stating facts. Not my fault you don't wanna hear it."

"You know you got a lot to say for somebody working for me."

"I work for your dad."

"You work for me. Otherwise you wouldn't be sitting there right now." He stayed quiet until we arrived. I grabbed the duffel and headed inside the warehouse with him.

The connect and his guys were already inside waiting. It was him and three others. I walked over and placed the bag on the table before of his guys walked over to start counting the money. Jerome walked over to the barrels to see if all our product was accounted for.

"It's all here boss." Said the man counting the cash. His boss never moved his eyes off me from the moment I walked in. Creepy ass.

"I'm curious. Why are you doing your daddy's work?" He asked while walking around the table to walk up to me.