Nine

Working with my dad, I was able to make back my money and then some. I had asked Oscar to keep Princess for a little while, while I worked on getting our place.

My new job meant spending less time at school and more time in the streets. Though when I could I still picked up shifts at the restaurant, but other that, selling drugs for my dad was what was getting me by.

Halloween came sooner than I thought, and Princess was so looking forward to going trick or treating with her uncle Cesar. She had also expressed to me that she did not want to be a Princess again this year. She had now developed interest in being a cheerleader, after catching glimspes of me watching Bring it On. So i ordered our costumes ahead of time and did her hair to match my ponytail. She got excited when i put the bows in our hair.

I was satisfied, looking over our costumes. I smiled at her before putting the finishing touches on my makeup. I then picked her up so that we could take pictures. We then walked out of Oscar's bathroom so she could show her daddy her costume.

I was glad I wouldn't have to deal with his baby Mama this week. She took a trip to visit family and things have been peaceful since she's been gone. Granted, Oscar and i still haven't talked much but, i was more at ease with her not here.

"Why you got my baby dressed like that?" Oscar asked, clearly not agreeing with my choice.

"What? It's cute."

"I already don't want you two out there trick or treating, she not going outside like that."

"She's four."

"I don't give a fuck."

"Yo."

"Daddy you said a bad word!" Princess yelled at him.

"You right I'm sorry Mija." He kissed her head.

"Daddy's getting you a new costume."

"I bought her that costume and we have to meet up with ruby and the others in twenty minutes."

"I like my costume." she pouted.

"You'll like this one too watch." He picked her up and took her to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch, texting the groupchat about this bs. I could hear Princess laughing in the bathroom, and when Oscar brought her back out, I couldnt help but laugh too.

He had my baby dressed up like him. She was wearing a white tshirt, with a black longsleeve shirt underneath. He had drew a tear drop on her face with eyeliner, and had gave her his cross to wear around her neck. He had her in a new skirt, this one now black, and let her keep her bow in her hair. He had also scribbled on a mustache and a goate.

"Oscar, what did you do to my baby?"

"Im Daddy." she smiled. i chuckled picking her up.

"You look like him even without all of that. Jesus." Oscar was cracking up by now.

"Nah i gotta get a picture of this." he said pulling out his phone. i rolled my eyes and he wasted no time snapping the picture.

"Can we go? Im not trying to be out there all night." he nodded grabbing his keys. We got Princess strapped into her seat before getting in and driving to Brentwood. My dad was texting me non stop about an order coming in tomorrow. He said id have to handle it since he wont be there.

"Who you texting?"

"My dad, why?"

"I thought you didnt talk to him."

"Well recent events have led to communicating with him regulary." I sighed putting my phone away.

"Recent events like what?"