Eight

I'm sorry for the very late update, thank you to everybody showing love to this book, it really means a lot.

***

Oscar took a while with Princess. The later it got the more I worried. When I was closing, I had tried calling Oscar for the millionth time but again i went straight to voicemail. I cursed and quickly made my way to his house. My body was on fire. He really thought he could take my daughter without saying anything.

I finally made it to the house to see the Santos all sitting around in their usual spots. Sad eyes spotted me and stood up.

"Woah mani you got fucking smoke coming out ya ears. ¿Qué pasó?"

"Oscar said he was taking Princess to the park while I was working. He never brought her back and he's not answering his phone. Have you seen him?"

"I seen him bring her here. He hasn't left since. I know you mad Mani but don't make a scene in front of the baby. She don't need to see all that." His words managed to calm me down a bit.

"Yeah you right. I just wanna take my daughter home." He nodded understanding and followed me inside the house. I walked in to see Oscar serving Cesar and Princess grapes and cheese.

"This cheese stinks." She said scrunching up her face as he held it out to her.

"It's good though. Lo prometo." She giggled.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I promise."

"Lo Roberto." She giggled making them laugh and a smile to break on my face.

"No baby, lo prometo." She ate the cheese then the grapes and so did Cesar and Oscar.

"Did you like that one or no?" Cesar asked her.

"I like that one."

"I told you mija." Oscar smiled.

"Princess." They turned around to see me. She smiled running over.

"Mommy you want some cheese?" I picked her up.

"Not right now baby." I walked over to Oscar and grabbed her bag off the table.

"You take my daughter again without saying something to me, it'll be the last time you see her." I told him quietly before leaving. She grew sleepy as we walked home, so she rested her head on my shoulder. By the time I got the house, she was fast asleep. I got her changed and tucked in, glad nobody was home tonight.

I took a shower, and managed to calm my nerves a bit. Once I was ready for bed, I grabbed my phone and called Mario. I smiled seeing his sleepy face.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No im actually not even suppose to be asleep right now. My first assignment is about to be late, and I thought I would stay up to do it but as you can see, I fell asleep." I chuckled softly.

"Well maybe you should take a break on partying and try to at least get through your first semester."

"I'll try my very best. What's up with you?" I sighed and began telling him what happened.

"Well maybe you should let her stay with him for a weekend. She was fine for those few hours and your family knows that's her father now, if they know she's over there, she's in the safest place she could be. Just go over the ground rules with Oscar and work something out."

"...I don't like when you talk sense into me." He chuckled softly and got up to stretch.

"I'm older and wiser."