Chapter 14: Hidden Scars

Klaus woke up not knowing what time it was. Frankly, this was happening to him a lot nowadays. He wouldn't say he was getting lazy, but there was a desire in him not to rush anything anymore. He let the warmth slowly ruse himself out of sleep when he felt himself caged in a pair of strong arms. He turned in those arms and saw King still asleep. His raven black hair tousled and his expression was calm, when usually, it's severely grim with a scary glower- remembering it made Klaus smile.

Klaus noticed that the blanket was only on him, King must have kicked it off in his sleep again. He pulled the duvet and covered his mate's bare body. Klaus forgot how big King's bed was at his old house, which was where they were right now. He didn't mind that they came to this house, but he didn't like the reason they came here.

As Klaus laid in bed, taking in the long moments of silence with his mate, his eyes went to the white bandages around King's arm and over his shoulder. There was a tinge of red marring the white fabric, which brought a sick sensation inside his stomach. King had gotten shot when they went on their mission to meet the Red Fang pack. Another close call and Klaus was terrified, as much as he tried to control his emotions yesterday, King was well aware of the concern he carried. That was why King brought Klaus here alone and took all the time last night to comfort him.

However, as much as King comforted Klaus's heart from all the worries he had. Klaus would always be scared anytime King went on missions. Perhaps, these missions weren't concerning to King, especially after all that he'd been through in the past. Klaus didn't know a lot of the details because King never shared them and Klaus never pressed him. He knew that over time King would share his past; the past in those cage fights. It wasn't noticeable that those days haunted King, but Klaus saw it in his mate's eyes every time there was a silent moment alone. King would lose himself in his memories and tried his hardest to trap it down under lock and key in his heart.

Klaus would know, he did that all his life too.

He released a heavy sigh and snuggled closer to King, laying his ear on that steady beating heart. He closed his eyes again, but then, another boy with ruffled black hair and haunted green eyes appeared in front of Klaus... it was Ender.

Klaus didn't know what to do for Ender. He gave him space, so he could get comfortable with the pack, he knew that it would take time since this pack was too much to handle even for the regular members. He would just have to wait for Ender, but sometimes Klaus just wanted to hug that boy and never let go, he wanted to repeatedly tell Ender that he was loved and cherished by both him and King. Maybe, he'd tell him today. Except, before he did anything, he had to do the impossible task of waking up his husband to get ready for the day.

Over the couple of months, he tried a lot of things to wake King up. But the easiest and most reliable way was also the most embarrassing technique.

Seduce King Vitiello-Centauri.

Klaus pushed the blanket away and climbed on top of his mate. He put his weight comfortably on top of his mate, and it always surprised Klaus how wide King's shoulders were, to the strong structure of his chest and abdomen. Klaus never overlooked that every part of his mate's bronzed skin was covered in dark ink.

"King..." he called out, "you need to wake up..." No response, not even a single move from this guy. He was unbelievable.

Klaus propped his chin on King's chest, looking up at him and seeing his tough jaw. Klaus ran his hand along King's rigid abdomen as he straddled his waist. There was something strangely powerful being fully clothed despite King being naked under him. He waited for King to arouse from sleep, but it was pointless.