CHAPTER 19: Problem [EDITED]

Edited

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

CHAPTER 19: Problem

***Claires POV***

Have you ever felt the need to run away from everything so bad that you end up crying your lungs out? Seriously, after all the shits you've been through, you just need a day with your friends who know how to cheer you up. But, in my case, that's impossible. Yeah.

My day was good. I was doing great. Talking to Zach also made me feel like on top if the world but then, life butts in. My friends. Yeah, I do know that maybe I've been spending less time with then and yes, I know, that it's a bad thing to do but i was enjoying my time with Zach. Didn't they understand that i was happy with him? That he makes me smile every time I'm with him?

I wallow in self-pity and stay in the washroom for god knows how many hours. I felt my cell phone beep and took it out to check it. Harry's name flashed across the screen. I unlocked the my cell and opened it.

Where are you? Please tell me. I need to see you. I'm standing outside the washroom. Please come.

I debated on whether going out to meet him or not. I'm sure Harry wouldn't hurt me further but I did think the same thing regarding Jack also but look where it brought me.

After much consideration I got up and cleaned my face. I put some eye liner and lip gloss and stepped out of the washroom. I immediately spotted Harry in his blue v neck shirt and black pants, looking frantically on his either side with a look of worry etched across his face. I waved to him in order to catch his attention. When he caught sight of me he came running towards me.

"Hey hey hey. You alright?" He asked as soon as he was in hearing distance

I just nodded, really not wanting to speak about the incident that happened before.

He tilted his neck to get a better look at me and then shook his head. "No you aren't. I can see it in your eyes. Stop fooling me. You know we are like brother and sister right? Sometimes when a person feels something and another person uderstands what he or she is feeling then they are called soulmates. We are like soulmates, Claire. We know each other. When one lies the other knows. So stop it. I know that you are worried. Just give it time. Give some time to them also. Everything will return to normal. I promise." He said and then paused for a moment scratching the back of his head.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you hiding something?"

He seemed taken by surprise and his eyes widen in surprise, but then slowly shakes his head. "No no. Not at all. Why would you think that?" He said and again scratches the back of his neck.

"Look you only said.." I suddenly came to the realisation that  we were still outside the washroom and Zach was probably waiting for me in the parking lot. "Hey let's walk and talk." He nodded in agreement  and together we walked towards the parking lot. "As I was saying you only said that we were soul mates and that we know each other very well. Like the back of our hands. So stop beating around the bush and tell me. And moreover when you hide something from me, you scratch the back of your head." I said and smiled smugly.

Hah. Take that, bro.

"Sometimes, you know i hate you for knowing me so much." Harry said and started telling me about Kath and his new relationship. While we were talking, we had already reached the parking lot. I could see Zach's car at a distance from the corner of mine eyes.

".....so that is how i proposed Kath." He said smiled. I smiled too looking at his escatatic state.

He was really happy.