CHAPTER 11: The Truth [EDITED]

Edited

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

CHAPTER 11: The Truth

*** James' POV ***

Have you ever felt the absolute need to tell something you've been hiding for the past few years? Which you have wanted to tell the person for so many years cause you would be damned if you would?

Well, I'm feeling that right now. I just wanted to tell Claire that for so many years, but couldn't. I was scared. But now that she has someone to be with it'sa big wakeup call for me to tell her about what actually happened.

I was waiting for her in the park as promised, leaning against the old oak tree behind the lake.

I hope she comes.

After a few more minutes I was rewarded for my patience. There she was an elegant beauty. She had changed her clothes into something light. A pink frock. She looked absolutely breathtaking. She was coming to the exact same place i showed to her the first day we met. I, from that day, knew that i will forever have a crush on her. I would have asked her out if not for the damage that one mistake of mine caused. I should have been more careful, i know. But what's done is done. I can't reverse neither can i live in it. I buried it deep in my heart. But now it's time for the truth to be announced.

As she was coming here, i had only one thought in my mind :She remembered our favourite spot here. I smiled to myself thinking that though i had betrayed her, made her sad she still remembered. It was a beautiful lake surrounded by green grasses and beautiful flowers. We used to come here before when we were kids, like when we were in class 8 or so. I still remember the first day i took her here with me.

"Oh my god. This is so beautiful here James. Thanks for showing this place. I will never forget it i swear." Shd said.

"I knew you would like it. I brought you here because i wanted to see this pretty smile on your face. You look beautiful today by the way." I said

"Thank you James. You take care of me so well. I love being with u. Its so easy. I just have to be myself."

"Exactly why i like u. You be yourself."

"Hey ? Hello? James? Are you alright?" Claire's voice snapped me back to reality. We didn't have that kind of friendship now and I'm here to explain why. Right.

"You remembered our favourite spot.." I said and trailed off.

"Well yes. I did. I liked this place. And after what happened I used to come here with Harry. Harry is a nature lover you see. So i knew he would like it and he did. And we decided to come here every week. Spend some alone time with nature."

It hit me like knife into my heart. Harry. She used to come to our favourite place with him. With Harry.

"Oh i see. Um. Good. Yeah. Harry. I forgot. "

"Whats wrong James? Is everything alright?" She sensed it. She sensed thatI was not comfortable with Harry.

No everything is fine. Its just that i love you and i know you too have feelings for me but instead you are rambling about a boy with whom you spent some 'alone time'. Now now. I can't say that now, can I?

"No. Im okay." I said.

"What is it you have to tell me? I have exactly one hour. Then I have to..." She broke off abruptly.

"You have to what?" I asked. She came here to talk to me and now she's telling me she has somewhere to be.

"I have to meet my friends. Sleepover at my house because my mom has gone to India for work." She said.

"Will Harry be there?" I asked, before i could stop myself. Though i knew the answer i could not help but ask.

"Of course." She said.

It hit me. It was like my heart had been shattered into millions of pieces. I tried to shift away the thoughts and decided to tell her the truth.

"Okay i called you here because i want to tell you something." My voice broke but apparently i didnt care and neither did she for sure. "That day when you uh..." i was not sure how to put it "you lost your dad Caroline and I were drinking at a party. We were both drunk and Caroline told me she loved me and wanted me to make love to her." Yikes. That sounds so creepy. "As usual i was out of my mind. You know how i get when I'm drunk, right? So i said i loved her too and we both went to her apartment and had sex. In the morning i had a terrible headache and could not remember what happened the previous night. I only saw myself naked with Caroline and i clearly understood what happened. Caroline got up and she kissed me real passiona-"

"I dont need every single information about your sex life." Claire interrupted, brows furrowed.

Hey was she getting jealous?

"Okay okay. So.. yeah after the kiss. She asked me if i would make her my girlfriend and i had to because she kind of threatened me that she would tell you and the others as in the whole school. I didnt want anyone to know especially you, because i didnt want you to think any differently of me, so i had to say yes. We decided to tell you later about it. And then she also forced me to do whatever she said. So when she laughed at that guy's lame joke I had to because her eyes were on me and she mouthed me to laugh. And so i did. I thought you would not leave us, especially me and even if you did you would come back to me. So yes. Thats it. The real truth i have been hiding from u for all these years." I said. It releived me. Telling the truth. But i didn't say anything about me loving her. Because i didn't want to pressurise her. She can know the truth bit by bit. And i can't just put it on her now, can I?

"Why are you telling me now?" She sighed.

"Just wanted you to know. I want us to be that kind of friends we were when we were small. Now if you are with me i do not fear Caroline. I hqve tolerated enough of her nonsense. I can tell the whole world if she wants that now that i have told you."

"We can never go back to that kind of friendship James. But yes. Now i feel a little light knowing that you laughed because you were kinda forced to. But.."

I looked at her expectantly, hoping she would give me another chance.

"I have to go James. I am sorry. I cant handle it right away . "

With that she went away. Those being her last words to me.

She exited the park and probably..

Exited my life.

***

《Update after a long time i know. So here it is. Chapter 11. Enjoy!

Ummm.. no goals for this one!

Love,
Elena. xoxo.》