CHAPTER 10: Shocked [EDITED]

Edited

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

CHAPTER 10: Shocked

***Claires POV***

"You are in a relationship?" said James incredously.

So here I am, narrating the whole story to James. The story of me and Zach. How we met and all. The reason I'm telling him? He met him at Starbucks and now he demanded to know who it was. I decided on telling him sooneror later, but he asked me first.

You must be wondering why i told him when he is the reason i was upset for few months 3 years back. Well, to tell you the truth, i have always thought of James as the good guy. But the day he laughed at me, i felt sad and heartbroken. But something told me that he didn't do it purposely. It is confirmed now, when he is acting all nice and caring towards me. I didn't ask anything. He will tell me on his own.

"Ssh. Keep it low James. Yes. I am. With Zach. The guy you met in the coffee shop? We know each other for, like, five months..." I said

"Just five months Claire! Five!!!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands out, explaining the point.

We were doing our regular head girl head boy duties, by the way. We were patrolling the corridors to check if any of the kids were bunking or not. When i actually told James he was furious with me for dating a guy i met over net and knew for five months. Well, if he is furious, I am angry too. But i controlled my anger to be at bay.

"So what James? Sometimes four years of friendship also gets broken because of a small stupid reason, don't you think? " I said quietly.

He looked at me, his eyes filled with sorrow, remorse and hurt. Ouch. That was under the belt i assume. That was definitely low of me. I should not have said it. But I could not help it. How could he lecture me about not dating the guy i like because i know him for just five months? Its my life. My decision.

"I.....I..." he stammered and ran a hand through his hair. Okay, he's definitely hurt. He runs a hand through his hair when he is sad, angry or frustrated. Also he kind of stammers. In this situation, i guess he is all of the above.

"I am sorry. That was rude of me. Sorry." I said. And i really meant it.

"I am sorry too Claire. Listen I need to talk to you. Like properly. Can you meet me after school at the park we used to go?" he said.

"I don't know. I have to talk to Harry and Zach as well...... We were supposed to hangout and all.." I said, clearly unsure of what to do.

I really wanted to know what he has been hiding from me for the past three years. I know it will not change the past, but at least it can change the present. But, i had plans with Harry and Zach too. I, either have to cancel them or meet them a little later than planned.

"Can't u decide for yourself Claire? You can surely postpone it by an hour! I just want to spend an hour with you. I need to tell you things, i never have. And I dont want to lie to you anymore. Please?" He pleaded giving me his best puupy eyed look.

He sounded really desperate and wanted to prove himself. I sure as hell can postpone the timings for my ex-bestfriend

"Umm. Okay. I will meet you there at 5 o' clock. I will talk to Zach and tell him not to call at that time. See you soon." I said and walked away, thinking only one thing.

What is it that James wants to tell me?

                                       ***

When i reached home i saw that my mom was waiting for me. "Hey how was school honey?"

"Cool. I have to go meet James. At five o clock. Why arent you at office mom?" I asked. And that is when i noticed a suitcase packed. She's leaving again. I groaned inside my head.

"I have to leave urgently for India. I called Harry's mom. Harry will be staying with you for a week. You can call Lily and Bonnie and Jack too if you like. I need to leave sweetheart. I love you." My mom said and kissed my cheeks.

"I love you too mom."

With that my mom left. I sat on the middle couch wandering what to do. I was going to change my clothes when my phone rang. I could not help but smile like an idiot. It was Zach. I picked up.

"Hey, my beautiful love." He said

"Hey!" I said. Excitement evident on my tone.

"How's my girl? Why do i sense excitement in your tone?"

"Oh Zach you know me so well babe. Actually my mom just left for a week. She has gone to India for her work. So I'm all alone. Except during the night. My friends will come over. Maybe you can too. And then one day you can introduce me to your parents..."

"Aah that. Well i cant introduce you to my parents. They are dead. I live all alone in this house." Zach said nonchalantly.

Okay, that was...

There was an awkward silence between us. Zach was the first one to break the silence. "Hey are you ok?"

Funny, shouldn't I be the one asking him that?

"Yeah.. i mean.. I'm  soo sorry Zach. I never meant to hurt you.. I -"

Zach cut me off not waiting for me to continue and complete. "No no. Its OK. I had to tell you one day or another. So let it be now. There's nothing to be sorry for, love. It's not your fault."

"Oh okay. Listen. I will be going out with James to the park. We need to sort out our childhood problems in a civilised manner. So I will be gone for an hour. From 5 to 6. Just don't worry. I will be okay."

"As you wish my love. And after 6 i will be there at your house. Cant wait to see you. I love you."

"I love you too. Talk to you later."

After hanging up, i quickly went to my walk-in-closet, picked up an outfit and went for a shower. After coming out of the washroom, I decided to put a light makeup, consisting of powder, eyeliner and lip gloss. I decided to leave my hair as it is and just combed it.

After taking my phone and locking the door to my house, I headed for the park.

The park was a few minutes away from my house. It was in a walking distance. James showed me this park when we were little. It holds a lot of special and good memories for me. After our friendship broke, i bought Harry here and we used to talk for hours. So many memories, we have with this park; me and Harry as well as me and James. So i can understand why he chose this place to sort out our differences.

I was about to enter the park when suddenly my phone beeped. It was a text from Zach.

Him: I will meet you at Starbucks 6:30. Then we will go to your house. Okay?
-Z
P. S. I love you.

Aww. He is one sweet guy. I really love this goofball.

I quickly texted him back with a 'Okay, I love you too' and shut my phone. I promised James to listen to him, and only him.

And I really do keep my promises.

                                      ***

《Okay, as you can see, I changed the title to P.S. I LOVE YOU, cause it seemed a little silly to me, all the sarcasm stuff and all.

You can't blame me! I was 13 for God's sake. Anyways i will edit all the chaps so i will cut the sarcasm part!

Goals:
40 views
5 votes
5 comments

Please help to fulfillmy goals!

Thanks!

Love,
Elena. Xoxo.》