30

Aa Nind Ka Sauda Karein,
Ik Khwaab De, Ik Khwaab Le,
Ik Khwaab Toh Aankhon Mein Hai,
Ik Chaand Ke Takiye Talein
Kitane Dino Se Yeh Aasamaan Bhi Soya Nahi Hai,
Isako Sula De

Ayla POV

One month later

Waking up at 5am and getting my professional pantsuit ready, I quickly went to the bathroom and did wudu and prayed for a positive outcome for today. Setting my hair in a ponytail with gel making sure there are no flyaways and doing minimal makeup to look professional. I got ready for my day. It was not just any day for me, today was special. It was my last hearing in court about my divorce with Shehryar. After today, I had nothing to do with him or his family.

Picking up my phone, I saw it had a few texts from Ms. Sheikh asking about my whereabouts and I quickly typed a reply. I picked up my car keys and got down to the parking lot of the apartment complex. I recited my dua'as and brought the engine to life. Throughout my drive to the court, all I could pray for was that I win the case against him because I needed to move on from this dreadful chapter in my life.

Parking my car, I quickly looked at myself in the mirror and texted Ms. Sheikh that I was there. I met them infront of the stairs to court. We had 20 minutes till the hearing would start. I was really nervous but Ms. Sheikh somehow calmed me down. We walked in the courtroom and settled down and waited for the judge to come. After the judge came in and heard our statements, he asked us for some time to come up with a final decision and we were given 15 minutes to go outside and have a break.

I felt like I was going to pass out from nervousness. I nervously paced around for a while and then excused myself to go to the bathroom. I checked my phone and I had 2 voice notes from Salaar and one from Henna. I listened to them both and they both were wishing me good luck. Smiling, I placed my phone back into my bag and proceeded to go back to the courtroom, once everyone was settled, the judge spoke up,

"Ms. Ayla and Mr. Shehryar, before I announce my verdict would you two like to say anything?"

"No, Your Honour", we both replied

"Okay then, after months of listening to the statements of the two parties and observing Ms. Ayla and Mr. Shehryar, I would like to announce that they are officially divorced. Mr. Shehryar, according to the contract that you signed at the time of your wedding you are obligated to pay Ms. Ayla $500,000 Canadian Dollars, you have time to transfer this money to Ms. Ayla's account within a month. This case is hereby dismissed."

OH. MY. GOD. I'M FREE.

I instantly got into tears and hugged Ms. Sheikh, without her help none of this would've been possible. I geniunely smiled after months, I felt happy and free like a dove being released from a cage, I felt like there was no one to stop me, I could fly and soar wherever and whenever. After finishing up the final paperwork, I got out of the courtroom and got into my car. Drove to the nearest masjid and went into sujood. It truly wouldn't have been possible if He wasn't there to guide me and be with me at every step of my journey. He held my hand and helped me through all of this. After I finished praying the intended nawafil, I got out of the masjid and turned on my phone and I was bombarded with texts from Salaar about the outcome of the case. Whereas I had one new text from Henna.

"I'm in labor, please make your way to Toronto General, your nephew/niece decided to come early"

This text was from half an hour ago, fuck! I quickly got into the car and drove to the hospital. I asked the receptionist about Henna's details and I was directed to the third floor. I was met with an extremely nervous Luqmaan bhai who was running around filling out paperwork. Saad bhai was enroute Toronto, he was in another city due to his work requirements. Whereas Maida aunty was reciting the Quran with Hooriya bhabi sitting next to her.