29

Dekhoon Main Tujhe
Ya Dekhoon Kudarat Ke Nazaare
Mushkilon Mein Hai Yeh Dil Mera
Maana Teri Surat Ki Hai
Chandi Sau Taka Billo
Mere Dil Ka Sona Bhi Khara

Ayla POV

Six months later

The past six months were extremely eventful, I had won my fight against aunty. She was now jailed for seven years in account of mentally, physically and emotionally abusing me and she had to pay me monetary compensation of worth $750,000. Since I had recorded a few interactions of me and Saima baaji and they were played in court, she had to pay about $5000 in damages along with one year of community service since she was pregnant. The day I won my case against aunty, I had come back home and gone straight to do wudu and thank the Lord for not leaving my side. I was in tears because of how He, with His grace and help flipped my life around.

After finishing my prayer and I got up and looked around the house, although this house had a lot of memories of me and baba, it also contained a lot of bad memories for me, so I did what I should've done months ago. I called up Saad bhai, he was in real estate and asked him if I could sell this house and get an apartment somewhere in Toronto. He was more than happy to help me out and so the apartment hunting began. We visited about 20 apartments before I found "the one". It was small and cozy and just perfect. I paid the down payment and soon started the process of moving in.

I recieved a lot of help from everyone around me especially Salaar when it came to moving out of that house, he made sure that I didn't do most of the lifting and gave me space when I needed him to. As for uncle and aunty's house, I had put it up for sale and this young Indian couple ended up buying the house. I had decided to repaint my apartment. I had decided on painting it dark green because it signified new beginnings and that is exactly what this was. My Lord had given me a chance to start over in life. It took me some time to find furniture and decor that matched what I had in mind but after some digging, I had the perfect apartment.

I had kept a housewarming inviting all of my close friends to it and I was bomabarded with gifts and cakes and cards with good luck wishes in this new chapter in life. Settling into this apartment wasn't hard, it was like everything had almost settled for me.

 Settling into this apartment wasn't hard, it was like everything had almost settled for me

Flashback starts
Three months ago

About two weeks after moving in, I was still in my unpacking phase when my phone rang I looked down at the number and saw it was an unfamiliar number, however it started from +92 indicating it was someone calling from Pakistan. I reluctantly picked it and up and heard the voice of the person, I had least expected to call me,

"Assalam Alaykum Ayla", the familar voice sobbed out

"Wa Alaykum Assalam aapi", I said. Yes it was no one other than my sister who had even refused to take my calls when I was going through all of this shit