4

Pal bhar thahar jaao
Dil ye sambhal jaaye
Kaise tumhe roka karun

One week later

It has been a few days since I came to Toronto, these days passed in a weird blur. I was introduced to my husband's siblings who couldn't make it to the wedding. He had two older sisters, Sania and Samia, both married. I was extremely homesick and I miss my parents a lot. My relationship with Shehryar however is the same, I barely see him through out the day and he comes late at night to sleep. I haven't gotten the chance to explore Toronto as yet, because I have an extremely busy schedule.

I'm supposed to wake up early in the morning around 6am and make my parents' in law's breakfast. If you told me a few months ago that this would've been my routine, I would've laughed it off considering for me, my sleep was my top priority. Then, after making breakfast, I'm supposed to iron my husband's clothes and make his lunch for when he's in office and then I have to clean the entire house till noon, followed by cooking lunch, getting the tea ready and then finally dinner.

It's my Walima reception today and I was told that I was exempted from chores today and I was to stay in my room. An hour later, there was a knock on the door and a woman was there, she was to get me ready for the Walima today. She introduced herself, her name was Henna and she was twenty-two. She lived four houses from us. We started talking and for the first time since moving here, I felt like I could talk to someone. Whilst she got me ready, we talked about everything and anything. She told me that she knew my husband since she was a kid, as he was her older brother's best friend. When I asked her to tell me about him though, she was a bit reluctant. She quickly changed the topic, by turning around the chair to show me the final look and I had to admit, SHE WAS TALENTED.

(A/N: again, my imagination. If you can't tell at this point, I'm obsessed with Mahira Khan 😭)

A few minutes later, my sister in laws, Saima and Sania baaji came in and they waved money over my head, taking off nazar (evil eye) from me

A few minutes later, my sister in laws, Saima and Sania baaji came in and they waved money over my head, taking off nazar (evil eye) from me. They told me that I had to wait for fifteen minutes because my husband was running late and he'd join us shortly so we'd go to the venue together. Fifteen into an hour and as soon as he arrived, we were rushed to the car because the guests were already waiting. Saima baaji wanted to come with us in the car but Sania baaji stopped her. Gulp! This is the first time; I'm going be alone with him.

It was a thirty-minute drive to the venue and I wanted to at least be familiar with him. I started talking to him and like always I wasn't met with much with an answer. I told him that I met with Henna and how she told me that she knew him, her entire life. He instantly parked the car to the side of the road and looked at me, with red, cold eyes and said rather screamed,

"What did she tell you about me?"

I told him, she didn't tell me a lot, she was pretty secretive. He grabbed my wrist and lightly twisted it. He then said,

"Good and stop interfering in my life"

It was like he was in a trance and all he could see was red, I got scared and voiced it out

"Shehryar stop it, you're hurting me"

He didn't say anything, left my wrist and continued driving like nothing happened just now. Whereas, I was in tears and my "so called husband" didn't do shit. He didn't even offer me a napkin. When we reached the Walima venue, he left me in the car alone, didn't even help me out of the car. And, I just sat there, thinking about what had just happened. Henna and Sania baaji had come by that time and they quickly touched up my makeup and took me to the bridal room. Shehryar came soon after and he walked with me to the seating area and his family and friends came and took pictures with us.

I tried to remain as normal as I could but I was on the verge of tears, I knew the moment that I'm going to go home, I'm going to call my parents and tell him how he treated me. I was broken out of my trance when a gorgeous woman came and said Salam. I mumbled a Salam back and she just stood there analyzing me. From the corner of my eye, I could see my in-laws whispering around.

"You must be Ayla, I'm Mila, one of Shehryar's really close friends, never thought that I'd see the day where he's hitched but oh well", said the woman.

I laughed it off and gestured for her to sit next to me so that we could take a picture and get this function over with. She did sit for a picture, but not next to me, she went and sat next to Shehryar. I looked around with confusion and I could see my mother in law fuming whilst Henna eyeing me with sympathy. After she took the picture, she said to Shehryar

"So, I'm seeing you, tonight right?" and to my shock he replied with a yes

The function winded up soon after but I was really confused with how everyone reacted at Mila coming but I was so exhausted with the event that soon after coming back home, I went straight to bed leaving the rest of my problems to be dealt with tomorrow morning. 

A/N: Heyy guyss!! I'm sorry for going MIA but I'm back and I'll hopefully update soon! Just wanted to ask you guys to again leave honest reviews and vote for my story!

Walima: Also, known as the reception, is kind of the second part of an Islamic wedding! It's a Sunnah and is performed after the nikkah