16

Kesariya tera ishq hai piya
Rang jaaun jo main hath lagaun
Din beete saara teri fikr mein
Rain saari teri khair manaun

After Henna, had dropped me off home, I was met with a very smiling faced baba, who met me at the door and he told me that he had ordered food from a nearby Indian restaurant, because in his words,

"beti meri thak kay aye hai University say maine usko aur nahi thakana"
(My daughter is already tired from university and I don't want to tire her out more with housework)

These small gestures that baba makes me love him even more. He's such a pure soul and he deserves all the love and care he can get. I don't know where I would have been without him. I set the table and baba asked me for details of my entire day, I told him everything including Salaar. Baba really liked him and asked me to invite him over for dinner at the house someday, because he probably lives here alone. I reluctantly nodded, I might call him over sometime later this semester but not right now, I just met him.

After having lunch, I cleaned up around the house. I made chai and sat down with baba when my phone pinged notifying me of an email from Ms. Williams. I excused myself and went upstairs and took out the laptop, that baba had gifted me. He got me a new one, but I refused to take it, so after a lot of insistence, he took the new one and I'm using his old one. Ms. Williams had sent me the roll number of my partner for the project and when I typed it in, on the portal, it was no one other than Salaar.

I was thinking of how to contact him, when my laptop dinged and I had a new email from him

I quickly replied back with an okay! I was sure that I wanted to do desi bridal designs but I wasn't quite sure what would Salaar's take be on it

I quickly replied back with an okay! I was sure that I wanted to do desi bridal designs but I wasn't quite sure what would Salaar's take be on it. But I looked around my Google drive until I found my old folder of rough sketches of the dresses I made back when my sister got married. My eyes instantly got glossy, no matter how much me and my family have grown apart, I would always love them. My heart hurts thinking about how miserable everything is now.

Shaking my head, I knew it wasn't time to think about life like this. I needed to get a grip and focus on making a career here, so that I can have enough money to meet ammi, or even bring her from Pakistan to Toronto for better treatment. Keeping all the things, for tomorrow in a folder, I closed up my laptop and prayed Maghreb. I went downstairs and made dinner, whilst having another talking session with Baba. I'm telling you, you can never get tired of talking to him.

The next morning
I got up early the next morning, deciding on a comfy outfit, I went downstairs and had breakfast with baba and after giving him his meds, I walked out the main door. Henna wasn't ready as yet, so I decided to take a walk in the park. Henna showed up after 15 mins, apologizing profusely. She said that they had guests over last night, so she slept late. She literally flew the car to college because she was running late for a class. Whilst getting off, she told me that she had to tell me something important on the drive back.