amend.

YAAY!! Double update!!

After a night spent talking about nothing and everything Emani slowly felt her anxiety and fear of a new relationship melt away. She was fully ready and open to start something with Elijah. He made her feel seen.
She woke up the next day, in his arms. They went out to get breakfast. Cracking jokes and laughing a little too loud, gaining rude stares from others. They had a mutual agreement to just go with the flow and not to rush a relationship, only when Emani felt she was ready. He pulled up to her apartment.
"I had a great time Elijah" she looked at him with a wide smile stretched on her face. He grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles.
"Damn just great?" Emani laughs.
"I'm kidding, I had an astounding night with you and I'm hoping..that we could do it again this weekend?" He gives her a dazzling smile. How could she say no.
"I'd be honored" he brings her hand to his lips and gives her knuckles a quick peck.
"See you then"
On the way up to her apartment, Emani felt like she was on cloud 9. The feeling didn't last long as she entered the apartment her phone began to ring. When she looked at it, it was an unknown number. She trusted her intuition, and accepted the call.
"Hello?"
There was a long silence. Just before Emani decided it was just a spam call and hung up, someone spoke up.
"Emani" a familiar voice spoke. Jahseh.
There was another pause, "can we please talk" she was gonna decline for the hundredth time but she remembered the talk she had with Elijah. How he forgave the girl for cheating on him.
"You still there?" I snap back to reality.
"Yeah we can talk"
he exhaled, "okay, tonight?"
"Yeah thats fine"
They said goodbye and hung up.
That cloud 9 feeling long gone. She slowly walks to her room, preparing what she wants to say to him.

There she stood on the porch of Jahseh's house looking through her notes app with everything she wants to say

There she stood on the porch of Jahseh's house looking through her notes app with everything she wants to say. She was surprised when he sent her an address she didn't recognize. His new house was on in the hills, bigger and more grand than the house he used to share with ski.
'Fuck fuckfuck' she mumbled as her hands started shaking. She locked her phone and shakily rose her fist to knock but it opened before she could.
There he was. The man she couldn't get out of her head for the past months. The man who broke her heart into pieces. His dreads longer than what she remembered, dark circles under his eyes. A small smile grows on his face as he moves to the side to let her in. Emani slowly walked in looking around. High ceilings, marbled floors. "We can talk in here" he led her to a room lined with led lights and various instruments. She took a seat on a couch against the wall and he sat on the chair at the desk across from her.
She tried my best to avoid looking in his direction but she could practically feel his eyes burning a hole into her.
"You'll have to look at me at some point, Emani"
"I just can't Jahseh" she looked down at her hands. "You wanted to talk, I'm here to talk"
He sighed, "Emani...I fucked up, i know you hate me and- I just-" he lets out a breath. "I will spend every breath until my last letting you know how fucking sorry I am" Emani finally glanced up towards him. His head hanging low, looking down. "Jahseh to be honest, we both did wrong, I lied and kept secrets from you..what you did wouldn't have happened if I just told you about what Devin did, myself." He looked up and they finally locked eyes. "You deserve an apology just as much as I do" she reaches over to hold his hand, looking into his glossy eyes.
"I'm sorry Jahseh" he tightens his hold her hand. "I'm sorry for making things ten times more complicated by holding everything in"
"I forgive you Emani"
"I forgive you Jahseh"
He stood up, pulling her into him, engulfing her in his arms. They stood there, hugging tightly, heads buried in each other's neck.
"I missed you boy" she sobbed into his neck, taking in the smell she once knew so well.
He pulled his head back to look her in the eyes , bringing his hand to her face wiping away the tears from her cheek. His eyes travel down to her lips then back to her eyes. "Can I?" Her grip loosens and her eyes fall to the floor.
"I can't, I'm kind of seeing someone right now"
He drops his arms from her and takes a step back.
"Kind of?" He gives her a confused look.
"I mean we went on a date" he hums in response. Leaning back on the desk, his eyes narrowed. "So I got competition"
Her eyes widened "there is no competition Jahseh, right now we are just friends"
"For right now" he crossed his arms, a goofy grin, that she missed seeing, spreading across his face.

 At the tone, please record you message

At the tone, please record you message. When you are finished recording, you may hang up or press 1 for more options.
*Beeeep*

"Emani, mark my words, I'm gonna fuck up everything in your life like you did mine and that's a fuckin promise"