Why Do You Care About Me So?

Cupid

"Where are we going", I ask wondering.

"You'll find out when we get there", he responds.

Honestly I'm not sure why he's caring for me like this, maybe he just doesn't want to be alone right now because he won't admit to himself that he's sad about losing his friend and girlfriend in the same day.

I don't really know what to say to him so I just sit there, in the awkward silence of his car as he drives us to wherever he's taking us.

Draco manages to break the silence by saying, "Why don't you ever speak? Every time I see you, you're always quiet".

When he said that I was honestly shocked. He knew me? He knew about me?  Why would he know about me of all people, how does he know about me? Is it 'cause he used to date Maddy, and Maddy and I used to be friends? I hope she wasn't saying bad things about me-

"Hey!", Draco shouted at me, snapping me out of my spiral of questions. "I asked you a question".

"O-Oh, right, sorry", I laugh nervously. "W-What was the question again?".

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed and mumbled something under his breath before saying, "Why don't you ever speak?".

"It's because I get nervous when talking to people, and I'm not really good at starting conversations, that's why Christine is my only friend". I look up at him and smile a bit.

"Okay, cool, so why do you keep flinching every time I talk to you", he looks me dead in the eyes as he says that.

"Wha- I- I don't", I deny.

"You do, you did it like 3 times when we were on campus and it's really starting to piss me off", he glares.

I start rambling as I try to find a reason. "Well when you look at me like that of course I'm gonna flinch. You're like way taller than me, and you're like pretty buff, and since you don't respect women-".

"Woooah, who the hell said that?", he looks at me with a questioning expression.

"Well you've been calling Maddy all these names and stuff, and I get she's not the nicest but-"

He cuts me off to say, "Okay, first off all, I respect women, not fucking whoring ass bitches, and that's what she is. Pretty much every time we broke up was because she had sex with someone, and I had it when one of those people became Johnathan".

"Oh.", I blankly state.

"Yeah..", he responds.

 I ask him, wanting to figure out why he's trying to take care of me, "Are you sure you're not sad then, that seems like a lo-"

He cuts me off once again to say, "I'm not fucking sad, I already told you, I will never be sad over a bitch".

"Then why do you care about me so much?", I look at him seriously.

He looks at me with a face that says "are you serious?!" and then he says, "I- I don't, what the hell made you think that?".