Her Beautiful Tears

Draco
I look down at her and she has the most beautiful tears. Tears of glass. "W-What's wrong", I say.

She looks up at me and shakes her head. "Just leave me alone Draco, don't act like you care about me. Everyone knows you only care about yourself".

My mouth gapes open in shock. She's not wrong, I am pretty selfish but I was surprised she even knew who I was, we've never even spoken.

I look at her, in the eyes and I manage to say "y-you're right but.. I really do wanna help you, you're always smiling, and so positive, this is the first time I've seen you cry, and you sound so sad". What the hell, why am I even saying this. She sounds sad? No shit, she's crying.

She sniffs and looks at me, "I sound that bad huh?", she manages to force a smile at me, through her crystal tears.

"I- no, not at all but... kinda?" By now I'm sure I'm making all kinds of weird expressions, for whatever reason, seeing her cry was making me nervous, and I couldn't wrap my head around why. "St-still, tell me what's wrong?"

Cupid took a deep breath before saying, "If I tell you I'm gonna have to explain a lot of stuff, are you sure you really care enough to listen? Don't you have a class to go to or something?"

"No, I'm not busy at all": a lie. I actually only drove to the campus because I had a lecture I needed to get to but I really wanted to hear her reason for crying.

"It's Ethan", she blankly states.

"Who? You mean like, Ellie and Ethan? That Ethan?".

She sniffs and then laughs through her tears, "Yup, that Ethan. He broke up with me".

I raise an eyebrow at her in confusion, "Wait, isn't that the whole point of the thing y'all got going on? You and a heartbroken dude get together, when he's finally over his ex, he breaks up with you and moves on, no feelings, no strings".

"Well yeah but for once.. for once I thought someone would stay, everything was going so well. We were so happy, he even said he'd never leave me, I seriously thought he loved me". Cupid starts breaking down in tears.

Without hesitation I quickly hugged her, I've never seen someone so sad like this before. I'm sure what I felt in that moment was pity, and only pity. "Stop crying", I said annoyed. "To be honest, you should've seen it coming, he's a guy, and he was with Ellie for a long ass time so you should've expected it".

She pushes me away and looks at me. "Guys are that horrible?".

I somehow manage to form a smile at her and say, "Sure, let's say that. If you stop crying I'll take you somewhere fun. Ethan's not worth the damn tears anyway".

She sniffs as she wipes her face. "F-Fine, okay". Cupid got up and flipped her frown upside down. "Are you sure you don't have any classes?".

"I wouldn't skip class for a girl, so don't flatter yourself". To be honest, I would and am, I'd do anything to skip my first lecture, but I didn't need her falling for me next just cause I'm choosing to be kind.

"Are you sure it's okay to be driving a girl in your car. I'm sure Maddy'll be pissed". She raises an eyebrow at me as she makes that snarky comment.

"I could care less about that cheating son of a bitch. We broke up".

She makes a face that pisses me off as she says, "Hmm interesting".

"The hell is that supposed to mean?", I glare.

She flinched, "N-nothing, I mean, you guys break up all the time but always get back together so I'm just surprised that you seem so serious".

"She had sex with my best friend and I've known him since I was born. All she ever manages to do is ruin things, and she ruined all the best relationships I've had. She's betrayed me so many times before. The both of them betrayed me so I'm done with her.  Dead ass". I look at Cupid to see her with a frown on her face. "What the hell is the look for?", I scowl.

She flinches again. God I hate that she keeps doing that. "N-nothing, I just.. feel bad, you and Maddy have been dating since like forever it seems, you must be sad", she mumbles.

"Oh please, I could never be sad over a whore. Especially Maddy. So you better not be tryna pity me".

She fumbles over her words as she says, "I- no- of course not- I'm not pitying you at all I just thought that...".

"Thought what?", I glower.

"Just that.. like you'd feel sad.. at least a little bit?". She looks up at me in fear.

I kiss my teeth, pull her by the arm and drag her to my car. "Let's go". I unlock my car door and we both get in.

"Where are we going?", she asks me innocently.

"You'll see when we get there".

This chapter was pretty bad, there was supposed to be a whole flashback and explanation on Ethan&Ellie but whatever. Ethan&Ellie we're a CC (Campus Couple), pretty much everyone in the school that wasn't totally living under a rock knew about them. I hope to make the next chapter better.