Ch-12

" hume Mehrangarh ka vinash nazar aa rha hai" he commented looking at shehnaaz with anger.

The purohit ji turned back in anger, not happy with her answers, he didn't like her approach of being known by her name, being independent and capable and outspoken however her thoughts and her question and the determination in her words compelled him to think about her, everyone tried to stop him but he didn't stop, he remembers Badshah Ahmed shah words.

" she is nothing to me just a pawn who will destroy the peace of your Mehrangarh"

" apk wajah se pehli baar woh aise naraz hoke gye hai, aap ek kaam bhi thik se nh kar skti aur aap Sidhanth aapse hume ye umeed nh thi, Ye ladki tabah kardegi apk, ye baat gaanth baandh le ap" indrani stated.

" Maa sa I don't think so she doesn't say anything wrong, everyone can't be like you and Anamika, her thoughts are different, her goals are different and what wrong in it if she wants to be known by her name, I want every woman to succeed, to stand on their own feets"

" Ab ye tabah kregi ya aabad ye toh waqt hi btayega, na aap bata skti hai aur na mein, par mein har kadam par iska saath doonga" he commented taking her hand in his, they left from their, shehnaaz eyes fixed on him, how could she thank her almighty to give her the most understanding husband who stands against his own mother for her, who supported her, she knows for a fact if she ever voiced out this thing in front of her father, she would be dead on the spot, in this patriarchy society, he is happy to be known by her husband, how she got so lucky, she looked at their interlocking hands, his hold is firm like he will never gonna leave this hand.

" aap aise hi dekhti rhengi toh hume nazar lag jayegi" he stated, she averted her gaze biting her lips.

" Shehnaaz" he called her lifting her chin.

" humari taraf dekhe"

" I know you must be feeling bizarre, but I have some responsibilities towards her and towards this palace, this palace too needs an heir, and..."

" you don't need to explain, I understand,"

"Apk humari wajah se dhukhi hone ki zarroorat nh hai, hum apk khushi mein khush hai, aur hum isme bura kese maan skte hai, unka haq aap par humse pehle hai, unhone aaj tak ap ka saath dia hai, apne koi kasoor toh nh kia na, na hi hume dhoka dia hai,"

" ap raat bhar soyi nh aur keh rhi hai humari khushi mein khush hai" he asked making her sit on the sofa.

" aise baat..."

" shehnaaz hume jhoot pasand nh"

" humne purohit ji ko niraash kar dia" she mumbled letting her tears fall out, she was irritated with her thoughts and finally broke into sobs.

" don't cry, you said nothing wrong,"

" my first impression didn't go well and he thinks bad about me, The queen's mother is also not happy with me"

" kya aap unko khush rkhne ke liye apne vichaar badal skti hai" he asked wiping her tears, she shook her neck.

" then let it be, you can't make everyone happy, what's matter the most what's makes you happy, think about yourself first" she looked into his eyes for a few seconds before averting them again.

" aap subah abhyash karne nh aayi, hum intzaar kar rhe the apk"

" woohh.."

" aap hume nazarandaz krna chaa rhi hai" he asked holding her face in both of his hands.

" Hum aisa kyu krenge, hume jana hai sb mahilayen aa gyi hongi" he nodded kissing her forehead.

" aap humse kitna bhi bhagne ki koshish krle lekin ye namumkin hai" he whispered near her lips.