Ch-7

The court has been set up for the day hearing, Sidhanth and Anamika took their seats on the raised platform while Indrani, shehnaaz and Nayan took their seats on the other side.

" Maharaj bheema is arrested by our soldiers when they found him trying to set her wife on fire," Baldev informed him about the case.

" It's our personal matter my lord, what I have to do with my wife it's none of state business" bheema uttered.

" yes you are right it's none of our business what you are doing with your wife in confinement of four walls of your house but when the matter comes out from the house, it's our matter, beating your wife inside or outside the house both are wrong and what you tried to do is called murder that can't be acceptable at all, the security of each person in the mehrangarh state is mine to take care of,"

" I am her husband"

" watch your tonne, you are her husband that doesn't give you the right to beat him" Anamika yelled with the same tonne.

" why he tried to do that??" she asked the woman who is standing next to him with some distance in between, her face covered in the veil, her hands shaking.

" tell us so we can help you"

" Maharaj - Maharani sa its my mistake only, he has nothing to do it, he has all rights on me whether he beats me, leave him please, where would I go if something happens to him,"

" what you did if I may ask you??" Sidhanth asked.

" I make him mad at myself by asking some stupid questions"

" only for that matter you did that to her" Anamika asked.

"Savitri did he treat you bad before too" he further asked, she didn't said anything.

" savitri he would be punished for sure because he attempted a murder, whether you tell us why or not??" Sidhanth said.

" Can I say something Maharaj" shehnaaz asked for his permission, he nodded.

" Baaji you don't have to be afraid, whatever happened with you might be happening with so much women around you, because of you maybe they get some strength to come in front and fight for themselves, I know from childhood our mother told us to respect our husband, to not raise our voice in front of them ,be a good wife, live like how he wants you to, but the foremost thing we women has is our self respect, maybe you are afraid if he went to jail who will take care of your children and your family, just ask yourself a question did he really took care of you, did you deserve this life" she asked coming nearer to her.

" If you don't want to say no one will force you but what if the same thing will happen with your daughter in future" the women fall to the ground and starts crying miserably.

" no...no..n..n I don't want anything closer to this to happen with my daughter, this man here beats me every night after coming home, he had an affair outside the house and when I asked him to stop he tried to kill me many times, I tolerated everything he did with me because I have nowhere to go, I have two girls and I don't know anything from which I earned money" shehnaaz sits down at her level and hugged her trying to calm her down.

" he will do work in the palace under special observation and the money he earned from it will be given to Savitri to run her house" Sidhanth declared the punishment.

" Maharaj if you allowed can Savitri work under me as my caretaker, if she wants to" shehnaaz asked.

" it will be my pleasure" Savitri said touching her feet.

" baaji don't do that I am younger to you,"

" shehnaaz don't you know you are not supposed to do what you did today in the courtroom" indarani questioned her after everyone left except the ladies of the royal family.

" Raj Mata I don't think I did any wrong, standing for the right never be wrong,"

" looks like you wanted to be a queen" Anamika commented.

" no I never wanted to do that, you know better than me, I speak because I want to stand for the right, I never wanted your position trust me"

" shehnaaz you are the daughter-in-law of Rathor's, you have to maintain some standards, you can't hug that women just like that" Indrani said.

" I am sorry Raj mata if I hurt you but being belong to the royal family doesn't mean we should forget humanity" she answered.

" I would love to take a leave now" she seeks for permission.
***********
" I have something in my mind from so long" Sidhanth said sitting on the sofa opposite to Anamika.

" what??"

" we should start skill-oriented courses for women where they can learn some skills and we should make it compulsory" she chuckled.

" Maharaj you know the men of Mehrangarh would not allow their women, they can't take it in a good way that their wife is going outside to earn"

" but it would be helpful when those women may lose their husbands in the war and the women who are facing domestic violence have a way to go somewhere at least, to do something with their lives and to be able to feed their child, and learning skills doesn't mean they only have to earn, it's kind of an investment, for the betterment of women"

" seems like your thoughts really matched with shehnaaz, I heard two women's motivation speeches, what about the other ministers, these things are not easy"

" Anamika everytime you don't need to be practical, think about the future too, changes are important aspects of our lives"

" yes and I think you are liking the change" she stated serving him the dinner.

" don't serve it, I am not hungry more, have a good night"

" don't you think you have some other responsibilities too or your needs are fulfilled by your new wife"

" Anamika don't you dare to speak like this, the next time" he said with gritted teeths.

" I need a child too, and you can't deny that, the pandit has said this year we will succeed, and I don't want to leave any chance to be a mother"

" you don't want to leave a chance of being a mother or you are afraid that I might be sleeping with her and she could be queen instead of you" he asked.

" Anamika I know you better, I know what's going on inside your mind, I loved you but that doesn't mean I am blind to know what's going inside your mind"

" and I know very well that you are not yet consummated your marriage with her"

" that's not your business to take care of you, you want a child let's do it, come"
**************
" Bhabhi sa I am afraid" Nayan said applying a chandan face mask on shehnaaz face"

"it smells heavenly" she whispers.

" bhabhi sa" she chided in irritation.

" ok tell me what are you afraid of"

" umm I am afraid of many things like I don't want to leave this palace ever and my brother, and what if my would-be husband won't be good enough and many things...."

" Nayan it's common, every girl feels like this before marriage and I am sure if Rathore sa arranged your marriage then the boy must be very good in nature, he was very happy yesterday, so think positive everything will fall in place"

" you were afraid to when you were getting married"

" no I didn't have the time to even register what was going on, in the morning my father told me and in the evening I got married to your brother"

" you don't have any dreams about your wedding or husband"

" I have but that's just happened and I am not even sad, Your brother is so respectable, so good and so caring, people love him the way he is, and most important he let me do what I like the most in this patriarchy society"

" can I ask you something, bahi loves Anamika bhabhi, I know he never said it, how does it feel knowing your husband is in love with.."

" I don't know how I should feel about it, I really don't know...." she stated looking at the moon.

Do like, comment and share ❤️❤️❤️❤️