Chapter-2

" I have some business to take care of, I take your leave now" He asked for Indrani's permission, and she nodded.

" Bhabhi sa lets go i will show you around the palace," Nayan said taking shehnaaz hand in her.

" abhi nh nayan, nayi dulhan pure mehal me ghumte hue achi nh lagegi unhe unke kaksh me le jao"

" par maa sa"

" par var khuch nh humne keh dia"

"Try to make Sidhanth understand he has some responsibilities towards her also, he will definitely listen to you Anamika,"

" I tried maa sa but he didn't listened to me, btaye hum ky kre unhone toh humko hi dosh de dia"

" Aap khuch din ke liye unse thoda dur rhe, give him some alone time with her, after all mehrangarh wants their heir also"

" ji ma sa"

" Maharani don't you feel bad" her caretaker Meena asked.

" isme bura kiska lagana meena, humne bachpan se yahi dekha hai, aur hum itne kamzor nh hai ki in chotti chotti Baaton pe rone bethe, hum maharani hai mehrangarh ki aur ye audha ( title) humse koi nh chin skta, khud maharaj bhi nhi" she said with determination in her voice.
***********
" Maharaj I did a mistake please leave me, it will not happen again, I was misguided please my lord" the man in pain asked for mercy.

" mistake you did the crime, I trusted you with my army and what you did in return, joined hands with the enemies, became traitor, because of you I lost my hundreds of soldiers in the war" he yelled pulling his hairs tightly making him groan in pain, he was tied on an ice slab, sitting on the chair in front of him, he busied himself in thoughts.

" Maharaj ky karna hai aage" Baldev his commander asked after a while.

" Humara bas chalta toh abhi tumhare chote chote tukde karke chill kawo ko khila dete lekin usme apk dard kam hoga, hum chahte hai tum har ek pal apni glti ka pachtawa kro, mere ek ek sainik ki mritu ka badla lunga tumse lekin usse pehle tum hume woh saari jaankari doge jo tum Badshah Ahmed shah ke baare mein jante ho"

" Maharaj why don't you give the order to kill him" Baldev asked following him.

" baldev I don't think so someone like Badshah Ahmed who is egoistic, who holds so much power gave us the land of kota and the water to our people"

" par unhone apni beti se apk vivah karaya hai"

" Ahmed jaise logo ke liye unke bache sirf satranj ka ek pyada hote hai, Dev ka unke Jail me pana, fir unka ye parstav hume sb khuch theekh nh lag rha"

" baldev kal hum daure pe jayenge saari tayari krke rkhiyega"
***********
Opening the door of her chamber, he steps inside not making any sound as it's almost midnight, his eyes went to the empty bed and the untouched plate of food on the table, taking two steps more he saw her for the first time, her long wavy black here sprawled, her maangtika has misplaced in her sleep revealing her hair partition filled with vermillion, half of her dupatta lying on the floor carelessly while another half on her face, her simple yet beautiful nose ring kissing her pink and soft lips, the light of moon directly falling on her making her look more mesmerising, he took two more steps closer to her but the jug on the stand falls breaking his thoughts and her sleep, she widened her eyes seeing him in the chamber while he scolded himself seeing her like this, she hastily stood up taking the dupatta on her head.

" Sala..m...mera..mtlb khamma ghanni" she greeted him deterring her gaze.

" Hume maaf kijiyega hum bin btaye aise aa gye" he apologised, she nodded staying silent.