CHAPTER 38:

June's POV:

There were so many people in the ballroom. I don't think I had seen so many people in one gathering.

Though we were couple minutes late but you can't blame us.

Angela made sure we had special attention and looked just as good the vampire nobles.

Everything was elegant.

There was a crystal ball that shed light to some certain areas.

The lights were a bit dim and the music slow.

There was an all-you-can-eat table station by one side and some blood slaves standing next to the table.

Then by a corner was where pets and slaves stood, too scared to socialize with ourselves.

Seeing them made me appreciate what I had. They looked absolutely horrible. Some were all skin and bones.

Other had a whole lot of scars, bruises and injuries I didn't even want to know the origin of. Compared to them, we were definitely over-dressed.

If I'm being honest, we dressed better than 80% of pets here.

They were either missing some clothes or shoes or both even.

Some of their 'clothes' only hid what needed to be hidden.

"this is going to be fun" Seth grinned while walking to where the food stand was.

Me and the girls followed him. it would be best if we all stayed together.

"I'm so glad I could attend" Willow couldn't stop smiling. Guess this was a big deal since she missed the feast.

I'm really glad she could spend tonight with us.

"yeah it's really nice to spend time with you" Seth kissed the back of her hand and her face was slightly red.

"urmm thanks" nervousness was laced in her voice.

"Angela did a really good job on us" Paloma looked down at her outfit feeling so confident.

She was usually amongst the slaves that would go around serving but there was an exception for her today for all her hard work.

Yep, Angela's a fashion goddess.

She should consider having her own brand or store because she really knows how to work magic on anyone.

If not for our heartbeats, lack of fangs and that we didn't look as pale as them, it wouldn't be obvious at all.

"yeah she really did" I giggled.

Everywhere was so lively with people chatting and laughing.

I could barely hear them through the music.

"this is so good" Seth's mouth was full with small bars of chocolate. Paloma pinched the bridge of her nose.

"does he always eat like this?" Willow seemed irritated.

"you should've seen him at the feast, eating like a beast" I rolled my eyes.

"nice rhyme" Willow giggled and slightly pushed me.

We were the only ones that looked cheerful amongst pets.

The majority of them looked frightened beyond compare.

The lighting of the room had reduced and everyone was paring up.

I guess this is the first dance.

"would you like to dance?" some redhead slave came up to Paloma who couldn't stop blushing.

Predator✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara