CHAPTER 37:

Xander’s POV:

“good because I need to talk to you about something” I took a deep breath before speaking again.

“well the main reason we’re here is because of the ball and it’s in three days and pets are allowed to come. Now it’s up to you to decide if you want to come or not” I had to put up a fake act of me not caring in the slightest just so she wouldn’t find it weird but it would make me really happy if she attended.

I stopped, allowing the words to sink in for a moment.

With what happened yesterday, I’m sure she’s scared as hell.

But she should also try to socialize with everyone else.

June can’t stay in the dark forever.

Then again it was entirely up to her.

“it honestly sounds nice but there are few problems. I don’t have what to wear and I doubt you would want me to wear the same dress I wore on the feast” I should have known she would say something of that nature.

Honestly was she thinking I didn’t think of everything before coming to talk to her?

If she did, then she’s narrow minded.

“your outfit, hair and makeup are already taken care of” I moved passed her and walked to the closet.

Her file contained her measurements so it wouldn’t be hard to get a customized outfit done for her and it would fit like a glove.

“will everyone be there?” there was a bit of nervousness in her voice I’m sure she was scared of standing and talking to people.

The feast was easier because it was a formal event but this time she has to socialize with people.

Though not all vampires would bring their pets and those who would, would be too drained or scared to think about socializing.

“yes? Is there a problem?” I cocked a brow.

“does that mean I’d have to dance?” honestly, I’d forgotten it was called a ball for that reason.

Maybe she won’t dance? No one would force her to anyways.

“not if you don’t want to. But can you dance?” she pondered on an answer for a while.

“not really but someone’s been teaching me” I have a hunch it’s Angela.

I mean who else would have time to teach their pet how to dance?

“if you say so” I let June think she’s keeping me in the dark just for the fun of it.

“b-but I would really enjoy it if Willow came” Hunter had a reputation of making his pets anti-social at all costs and why he did that was beyond me.

Since she really wanted this ‘Willow’ to show up then that’s what I’ll do so she’ll have a good time.

“I’ll talk to Hunter about letting her out that night. Ok?” chances of him agreeing to this was small and I don’t have time to force him.

But I had to try.

She nodded with a smile plastered on her beautiful little face.

….........…….

June’s POV:

“I’m sorry” I giggled while plopping on a beanbag. I’m currently in Angela’s room.

She’s been teaching me how to dance for the past couple days…more or less.

She’s been teaching me so much actually.

I probably would be lost without her. But she’s not making it easy.

Every time I look up at her face, she’d do a silly expression that would make me laugh and miss a step.

I’d stepped on her toes so many times that we’ve decided to go on a break.

Seth was sitting on the bed, laughing hard.

She wouldn’t even let me quit if I wanted to.

Guess she really had it out for me.

“thankfully we don’t practice in heels” Angela was jumping on one foot and the other in her hands.

“speaking of heels, is that what you’re going to wear today?” Seth took another bite of his green apple.

Yes, the ball was today.

Everyone was busy with one thing or the other especially Xander.

He was the one who suggested I stay with Angela since she was done with her share of work.

I had barely seen him.

He has been way busier than usual.

He would come back at ungodly hours at night only to get up a few hours later.

I know he’s a vampire and all but he really should rest one this whole thing is over with. I wanted Paloma to hang out with us but since she’s head slave, that won’t be possible.

She’s already handling so much.

I wonder how everything will be like at the end.

Seth says it always magical and so romantic though he hasn’t seen any potential girl.

He said Angela would be more than happy to take in a wife if he sees fit.

The thought of shoes popped into my head for a brief moment.

Angela has taught me how-to walk-in heels but I haven’t perfected it.

Plus, I saw them as an uncomfortable waste of time and always wondered why ladies always wore them but it was beyond me.

“no, I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of so many people” I laughed nervously.

“that’s true. Either way you’ll look cute no matter what you wear” Angela was being so supportive.

“speaking of wear; what time is it?”

“it’s 6:10pm”

“oh sh*t we’re meant to start getting ready. Do you have your things?” she looked at me.

I didn’t know I was going to get ready in her room.

“never mind; Seth go fetch Paloma and Willow. We’ve got to start getting ready” she spoke before I had the chance to answer.

“don’t you think it’s too early?”

“nope; by the time I work on you, Paloma, Willow and myself, it’ll be late so the sooner we start, the better” I couldn’t believe we were all going to get ready together.

“but are we going to wear the same things we wore at the feast?” honestly, I didn’t mind repeating outfits it’s not like the same set of people will still be there.

“that’s where you’re wrong. It’s my job to make you look extremely good so get into the shower. The glam session starts now” Angela yanked me off the beanbag and shoved me into the bathroom.

Thanks to everyone who has read this book to this point. If you would like to read more of my works, I recommend The Diamond in The Rough as it is already complete. I promise you'll like it.
COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...