CHAPTER 15:

Xander’s POV:

Today is another painful day. I’ve got so much work to do and there’s no one to help.

It really sucks. Angela helps out but it’s not enough.

Main reason why I can’t trust her is because the papers might come back pink if it’s anywhere near her.

I was about getting up when I realized June was still sleeping and she was clinging unto me like her life depended on it.

Some strands of her platinum hair fell unto her face, giving her a childish look. She really didn’t want to stay here yet she looks peaceful and is unto me like glue.

The only good thing about this is the fact that she’s not begging, screaming and crying anymore.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes. She might never admit it but she’s just a baby…

June’s POV:

I slept like a baby!

This is by far the best night rest I’ve ever had in a long time. The sheets are soft and the blankets are warm.

A small yawn escaped me as I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was master’s chest.

That was when I realized I was clinging unto him and immediately brought my hands to myself and focused on the steady rise and fall of his chest.

Master was right when he said vampires’ heart don’t beat. I couldn’t detect a single thud from his chest.

“and good morning to you too” I literally was so startled that I flew off the bed. His hearty laughter filled the room and my face went red.

“sorry. But you’re easily startled” he said between his laughs. I have no idea where the energy came from. Guess it was unexpected.

“urmm good morning” I sat on the bed feeling like a klutz.

“how’d you sleep yesterday?” he sat and placed his feet on the floor.

“I-it was ok. Thank you for letting me sleep here” him letting me share a bed with him means so much to me.

“you don’t need to thank me since you’ll be sleeping here from now on. No Matter What” he sounded serious at the end. There was no room for objection.

“and you’re not leaving the room till further notice” I wasn’t surprised that he’d said so.

There was a knock on the door that gained both our attentions.

“come in” master quickly wore some sweats and a black tank-top A tiny maid came in holding breakfast. I’m beyond confused.

The maid’s trembling like her life depends on it. Though it sort-of does.

“since you’re not leaving the room and I don’t want you to be alone, she’s going to stay with you till I get back” I looked closely to see a familiar face.

Looks like fate has brought her to me.

“I’ll be back after breakfast” was all he said before slamming the door shut. My eyes turned to the girl who had her head down.