CHAPTER 9:

June’s POV:

Everywhere hurt bad!

Especially my neck. I felt too weak to even stand.

My eyes opened and began to adjust. From what I could see, I was on master’s enormous bed.

The room looked quite empty and it was dark. How long have I been asleep?

“June?” a husky voice called out my name.

I turned around to see Master sitting on a chair close to the bed though it wasn’t there before.

“X-Xander? W-what happened?” I tried pushing myself up with my elbow but he gently pushed me back down.

“rest, you need it” I wanted to fight back but who am I kidding?

I can’t fight a normal man on a normal day, talk more of now that I’m weak in the presence of a vampire prince.

Master moved off the chair and unto the bed. He was only inches away from me. His fingers ran through my white hair calming me instantly.

“thank you” he muttered. Why was he thanking me? I gazed at his face and to my surprise, it held worry.

“I’m sure you’re wondering why I’m thanking you” obviously.

“I’m thanking you because you saved me” Ok he’s officially speaking in riddles.

Him saying all of this is confusing me even more. He took a deep sigh.

“well you know vampires need blood; everyone knows that, some of us choose to take blood bags but they don’t exactly satisfy us. Vampires can’t do without drinking from the source no matter how many blood bags we take. Other people take it out on animals but the best cure for bloodlust is drinking from a human. Pure bloods such as myself have the level of bloodlust and if we don’t get satisfied, the results are always tragic” Now that he’s said everything, it makes pure sense.

“y’know, you’re the first pet that has sacrificed herself to please me. The others, would have send for a servant or cowered in fear, it was really brave of you and I respect that” My cheeks burnt slightly.

But to be serious, that’s what pets are mean to do; serve their masters without complains.

WAIT!!!

He drank from me does that mean...

“c-can I ask you something?” I shyly said. I couldn’t even look at him.

He was silent so I’m guessing that’s a yes?

“am I a vampire?” There was silence before my ears were filled with his hearty laughter.

What was so funny?

“what made you think that?” he managed to say between his laughs.

“b-because I was told if you were bitten by a vampire, you’d get turned” Master’s laugh slowly died down.

“firstly, you’re not, secondly what you said is true, vampires’ bites can change a person. However, there are three types: the bite when we want to feed; that’s just simply piercing our fangs into you and drawing blood. The bite to turn someone, that’s when we inject our venom into you” Ok I felt relief when he said I wasn’t a vampire.